F i v e

It's 2 AM and I am sitting in the middle of  a Tom Ford store trying on pair after pair of some outrageously over  priced heels

It's 2 AM and I am sitting in the middle of a Tom Ford store trying on pair after pair of some outrageously over priced heels.

"Which one?" I look up from my place on the lush fur carpet and see Justin holding up his wrists. Both adorned with huge, glittering watches.

"Which ones the cheapest?" He rolls his eyes and then smirks,

"what if I told you that they're both the same price?" He taunts and I shake my head and try to stand as gracefully as possible in the six inch heels I have strapped to my feet.

"But they aren't the same price are they?" I accuse walking over to him in practiced steps that had been perfected from four years of ridiculous costume heels.

"No," he says when I reach him, his eyes bright with mischief.

"So I was right!" He steadies me by the waist and tilts his head a bit to look up at me. The heels have me a bit taller than him and he doesn't seem all too pleased.

"Why don't you pick out some nice flats?" He suggests and I use his shoulder to pull off the skyscraper shoes,

"why? Intimidated by taller women?"

"Just wasn't sure if you were into short men" I look down at my now, bare feet, and hide the blush that has surely taken over my neck and cheeks.

"I like the rose gold watch" I say when I look up, confident that my cheeks will not betray me. Justin hold his right wrist into the air and it catches the store's dim lighting. He twists and turns his arm and this results in several multifaceted prisms to reflect onto his face. Then he nods to himself.

"I like this one too. You've got great taste." I feel another blush going on and move to pick up the copious boxes of opened shoes I had left on the floor in piles.

"Oh no miss! I'll get that! Thank you!" It takes everything in me not to scream when I realize that the attendant from earlier hadn't left. He'd only hidden in the back or something. Well of course he wouldn't leave, dummy. He has to watch the damn store. Justin hands the man both watches and then pulls the guy in to whisper into his ear.

" Are you trying to buy me something?"

"What gave you that idea?" Justin asks smoothly tracing a finger from my elbow to my shoulder. I shiver and attempt to hold my ground.

"Maybe that," I say pointing the the attendant who works hurriedly to box up all of the shoes i'd tried on in elaborate matte black bags with beige and gold tissue paper.

"Seven," Anya a voice in my head insists and I push it all the way to the back of my mind with a firm ' shut up!'

"Justin." I counter and he takes my hands in his and guides me over to the register.

"Let me do this. I dragged you across the country  without even a suitcase, I owe you one."

"Flying me out here more than makes up for that!"