Oneshot 11 - Corpse Party AU - United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Nate, Matt, Charlie, Matilda, Hunter, Stephanie, Morgan. It had started with seven, now only three remained.

When they had first arrived in this cursed school, they had been in three groups, each group occupying a different 'Closed Space'; Hunter, Matt and Matilda had awoken in classroom 3-2, Nate and Stephanie had found themselves in 1-4, and Charlie had awoken alone in the Infirmary, wandering the dark halls in fear until she found Morgan down the hall.

The first death had been Matilda; Hunter had lashed out at her once the trio had figured out where they were, blaming the woman for bringing them there as she'd been the one to suggest the charm. He'd shoved her back, catching her unawares, and she'd stumbled into one of the many gaping holes in the floor, plummeting to her death on the floor below.

Matt had reacted instantly, screaming at Hunter, tears streaming down his cheeks. He wanted to fight him, to kill him for killing his twin, but he couldn't. He couldn't. So he swallowed his rage and merely gave the other man the cold shoulder, continuing through the school with his rage still simmering below the surface.

Next was Stephanie; she and Nate had managed to find the Infirmary in their Closed Space. Nate's ankle had been sprained after they'd been chased by one of the many hostile ghosts that occupied this place and Steph had lost her piece of the Sachiko doll. She'd only left him alone for a few minutes when he suddenly found himself paralyzed in the bed. He heard writing coming from the desk beside the bed and soon after he saw a chair pulled up beside him out of the corner of his eye. A shadowy form had appeared in the chair, speaking in a child-like voice.

"Stay with me."

He panicked as he saw the figure reach out to him, as he felt the shadows envelop his body, slipping up his pants leg and under his shirt felt them crawling over his skin, forcing themselves into his throat, into every pore and orifice, choking him.

Then a voice had rung out, screaming his name.

Steph had been looking for her scrap, humming cheerfully to herself as she went. But she stopped suddenly and stumbled back as she came upon a horrific sight in the corridor in front of her; the sight of the lower half of Nate's body, kneeling there with his intestines spilling out and squirting blood. And she had screamed his name.

In the Infirmary, Nate scrambled from the bed and attempted to flee the room, only to find thick strands of hair binding the door closed. He tore at it frantically, well aware that the shadow creature was right behind him. When he finally stumbled out into the hall, he rushed off in the vauge direction of Stephanie's screams until he spied a person in a chair in the distance. He ran over, thinking it was Steph, her name on his lips. But when he shook the person's shoulder, they'd fallen to the ground, a rotten corpse with maggots spilling from its mouth and an eye rolling a short distance away. He staggered back, screaming Steph's name as he fell to his knees. He felt sick, could feel the vomit rising in his gullet.

"Nate?"

The Musician whipped his head around and saw Steph right behind him. But instead of being filled with relief, his vision clouded and he became overcome with anger.

"WHAT THE HELL STEPH?! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME ALONE FOR SO LONG HUH? I ALMOST DIED IN THERE AND WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU? "TOGETHER TIL THE END" MY ASS. YOU DON'T GIVE A SINGLE SHIT ABOUT ANYONE BUT YOURSELF DO YOU, YOU SLUT!"

Steph stepped back from him, her hand over her mouth in shock. She'd never seen Nate like this before, his face was twisted in hate and his eyes were almost black.

"N-nate... I-I'm so sorry...."

She ran, ran away from him as fast as she could. Fled out of shame and of fear.