Oneshot 6 - Disneyland

"Y'know what Matt?" Nate said, emptying the dishwasher as his boyfriend sat at the kitchen table on his laptop.

"Mhm?" Matt replied, not taking his eyes off the screen, taking notes in the little notepad beside him.

"I think I need to do another Disney cover for my channel. Yeah it's risky because of copyright bullshit but it's a lot of fun."

Matt smiled, "that sounds like a great idea sweetie, what're you planning on covering?"

"Hmm... I'm not too sure." Nate pondered that for a while, continuing the emptying of the dishwasher, occasionally singing different songs to test them out.

Matt chuckled to himself as he watched Nate work, shutting his laptop and setting his work aside. He always loved it when his boyfriend got these little ideas of his. Seeing him in his element was how he'd first fallen in love with the musician and this always reminded him of that day.

"I wanna be where the people are,
I wanna see, wanna see 'em dancing.
Walking around on those...
What d'you call 'em? Oh yeah, feet."

Nate shook his head, there were certain lyrics he couldn't change like he had in his Let it Go cover. Casting about for another song he found one that had possible potential for a rock cover;

"Be our guest! Be our guest!
Put our service to the test
Tie a napkin round you neck, cherie
And we'll provide the rest"

The theorist grinned, "that one sounds great Nate. And it'd work great in your style."

Nate looked up, beaming. "Ya think so?"

"Yep, definitely." He opened his laptop again and pulled up the dissertation he was reading on stasis with humans for his next theory. "I mean, it's a rousing and upbeat song as it is, it's practically begging to be given the natewantstobattle twist."

"Yeah! You're right babe. I think I will use that. That song actually means a lot to me to be honest, reminds me of the first time I went to Disneyland as a kid. The area about Beauty and the Beast was awesome." Nate's eyes sparkled with joy as he recounted that magical first time in 'The Happiest Place on Earth.'

Matt shifted awkwardly in his seat as Nate spoke, fully shifting his focus to his research.

Noticing this, Nate cocked his head to the side with a puzzled expression on his face. "'Sup babe? Summat bothering you?"

"It's nothing. Just I'm having trouble getting my head around this thing. Like, it should be impossible for the body to stay intact after the long periods of stasis that Chell was under especially at the start of Portal 2 and-" he was cut off by Nate grabbing his chin and turning his head gently pressing their lips together.

"C'mon Matt," Nate said softly, cupping Matt's cheek in one hand. "We've been together long enough to be able to call each other out on bullshit like that. What's really bothering you?"

The theorist blushed slightly, the tips of his ears going pink. "Well... you recounting your great time at Disneyland kinda...." he trailed off, glancing back at his work. "Well it kinda made me a bit jealous."

Nate looked concerned, "how come?"

"You see, I've never actually been to Disneyland before." He mumbled, his blush deepening.

Nate was shocked. "Never been to Disneyland?"

Matt shook his head. "Nope, not even once."

The musician stepped back, his face determined. "That settles it. Pack a bag or three."

Matt's expression became bemused and a little afraid. "Um... why?"

Nate grinned broadly, "because we're going to Disneyland right now."

"Now? Nathan Smith just hold on a minute, are you serious? You mean to drop absolutely everything and just go to Disneyland at literally a second's notice?"

The musician's face was alight with happiness, "yup. Let's go!" Without giving Matt a moment more to argue, he moved forward and picked him up, throwing him over his shoulder and heading for the front door, grabbing the passports on the way. "Forget the bags, there's no time to waste. You've got a childhood to make up for."

As his boyfriend picked him up, Matt struggled in vain, eventually resigning himself to Nate's strong arms around him. He propped his elbow on Nate's back and rested his chin on his hand, sighing as he saw the car pass by completely. "You don't intend to carry me all the way to the airport do you? And besides, how're we getting tickets?"

Nate laughed, "yep and on it." He had his phone out in his free hand and was already booking tickets to Orlando. "Lighten up baby, this is gonna be awesome."