Scene 7 - Over My Dead Body

Matt stared down their attacker, his eyes furious and burning with rage. Nate had come running home to him bloody and battered with this maniac chasing behind him, incoherently whimpering about how he'd almost died.

He'd helped Nate up to their room as quickly and carefully as possible before rushing back to the main hallway to confront the person who'd got Nate in such a state. 

"Stand aside," the person said, their voice distorted and gravelly. "I came here for the Asian one."

Matt growled, "Fuck off. I won't let you lay another hand on him."

The stranger pulled out a large combat knife and stepped forward slowly. "I said stand aside. Do as I say and I might even let him die quickly."

The theorist stood his ground, "and I said you aren't gonna lay another hand on him. Not over my dead body."

The stranger laughed, causing Matt to shiver, "Over your dead body? Very well." They closed the gap between them with a single stride, "that can be arranged." 

Only now did fear overwhelm Matt, only now did he want so desperately to run, but he was paralyzed in his terror, rooted to the spot.

The stranger grabbed Matt by the collar and plunged the knife into the theorist's gut up to the hilt.

Matt cried out, gasping reflexively as the icy steel pierced his warm body, he could feel the life draining out of him already. He yelled in agony as the stranger dragged the blade upwards with a sawing motion, slitting him open and spilling his innards before everything ended.

Nate was on the landing, watching everything through the railing, he'd dragged himself out of their room when he heard the door burst open. He screamed when the stranger had killed Matt, and now he was left on the landing, trembling in fear and shock as the invader slowly climbed the stairs to kill him.