Betr-Hales

18. Betr-Hales

Last night, I went to bed thinking about Derek's second betrayal...Betr-hale...I couldn't resist thinking about the joke that I first thought about while trapped in mountain ash. This morning, I woke up thinking about the...Betr-hale. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. On the serious side, I actually wanted to punch Derek over and over again.

"Summer, I need to talk to you." Alice's voice interrupted my inner preparation for battle. Raising an eyebrow, I invited Alice into my room. I didn't have a clue what she was going to say, but I prepared for the worst because whenever someone tells you they need to talk, it's usually bad. At least, that's what I learned from today's movies.

"I have to tell you something about the agreement." Alice announced as she sat on the bed.

"Oh, Edward already told me about it. Don't worry, Alice." I grinned.

"No, it's something else." Alice responded. I waited for her to continue. She continued, "Remember my vision that I told you I had about you agreeing to the agreement? I told you that I saw you say yes so that you'd quickly agree to it, but I saw you leave Beacon Hills immediately. I didn't want you to leave, so I lied." I wrapped my arms around Alice, grinning.

"Thank you, Alice. I'm really glad you did." I thanked her, thinking about all the people I wouldn't be around if she hadn't have lied. I wouldn't be friends with Allison, Bella or Lydia. I wouldn't have helped save lives. I wouldn't live with the Cullens anymore. I would've had to leave Scott and Stiles, especially Stiles.

"So, I'm forgiven?" Alice asked, still trapped in my hug.

"Of course, but you knew that." I laughed, releasing her.

"I know." She shrugged, laughing.

"Oh, and thank you for helping out with Peter." I suddenly said, remembering her part in the final battle. "How did you know to come to the Hale house?"

"I had a vision. I couldn't see your future anymore. All I saw was Stiles crying and blood splatter on the walls of a burnt house." She explained. "I saw bloody arrows, too."

"So, I would've died?" I asked.

"Everyone would have, except for Peter." Alice replied. "Only when I saw you with fire while we were already there, did I see much less death."

"Alice, you truly are a hero." I shook my head with awe. Alice giggled as she left my bedroom, leaving me with a lot to think about. Just as I was processing what I had just learned, my phone buzzed. I picked it up immediately.

Allison: Meet me at the school.

I looked at the message, wondering why everyone needed to talk to me today. I stared at the message for a few minutes before grabbing my keys.

Allison was waiting for me by the bike racks when I arrived.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked, referring to the loss of her aunt. I tried to ignore the fact that this potential huntress had nobody with her and had invited me, a supernatural creature, to talk to her in an empty area.

"Um, I'm fine apart from seeing my aunt get murdered and boyfriend turn into a werewolf." Allison replied.

"Boyfriend?" I asked, trying to distract her from Kate. "So, you guys are back together?"

"Yeah, I kind of kissed him at the Hale house, but I suppose you were too busy kissing Stiles to notice." Allison teased, grinning. "Boyfriend?"

"I don't know, actually." I realized. "It's basically like we're friends with benefits minus the sex and title." I referred to the movie that Rosalie had forced me to watch.