Venomless

12. Venomless

Three people were walking towards me in the clearing. A female with fiery red hair and two males. One of them had long, black hair and the other had blond hair pulled back into a ponytail. I didn't recognize any of them. They made their way over to me and it quickly became clear that they were vampires. I wiped my tears away and stood up.

"Why are you alone? Didn't your mother ever tell you it's dangerous to go into the woods alone?" The blonde male asked me. The three vampires were getting closer.

"I never knew my mother." I told them, trying to appear fearless.

"What's your name, girl?" He asked.

"Summer." I told them, staring directly at them. I was nervous but I had to appear as though I was not.

"Well, Summer. We were just leaving Beacon Hills but I suppose we could stop for one more snack." He rushed over to me, pressing his nose against my neck and sweeping my blonde hair behind my back with his hand.

"James-" The dark-haired one sighed at the blond man.

"Laurent, wouldn't you like a little snack for the road?" The woman taunted the dark-haired one. James inhaled deeply, taking in my scent. He froze then stood up straight.

"Interesting." He commented. "She's not human but she's not a vampire, either."

"How is that possible?" Laurent gasped.

"Don't lie to us, James. Shall we eat?" The woman smirked. Laurent approached me, taking a deep breath. He stood back, studying me.

"Victoria, James is not lying." Laurent informed her. "He's telling the truth. She is neither vampire nor human." The woman, Victoria, sniffed the air beside me. James smirked, eyeing me.

"Let's see just how human or vampire she really is." James grinned darkly. He shot his hand up to my throat and before I could defend myself, he launched me into the air. I hit the ground hard, rolling in the grass. I jumped to my feet quickly, hissing at them. As I prepared to defend myself against James, he charged towards me. I remembered my training session with Edward, but it was no use. James easily dodged my attack and grabbed my throat again. He slammed me into the ground, back facing downwards. I growled through my clenched teeth.

"Let go of me!" I hissed.

"No, no, no, little girl." James waggled his finger at me. "You see, we're going to see how much you can withstand. I threw you ten feet in the air and you got up, unscathed. I want to see how you fare losing a limb."

"What?" My voice dropped to a whisper. Suddenly, he stomped on my chest, holding me against the ground with his boot. He grabbed a hold of my arm and pulled with mighty force. I trembled as I tried to fight him off. He isn't seriously going to rip my arm off, is he? I asked myself, dreading the answer. He gave a final tug and tore my arm from the socket. I let out a blood-curdling screech as he tossed my arm onto the grass. Blood gushed from the stump of my shoulder, where my arm used to be. I didn't bleed as easily as a human, but I had never seen so much blood in my entire life. It pooled around me, staining my blouse. My face was soaked with tears and my fingers were soaked with blood as I tried to stop the bleeding. I tried to scream again, but James clamped his hand over my mouth.

"Shh...Now, now. Don't scream. Nobody will hear you. All you will do is hurt your throat with your strangled cries." James taunted. "You're surviving longer than a human would with all the blood loss, but I bet you won't do so well without your head." He closed his hands around my neck.

"Goodbye, Stiles." I choked as I closed my eyes, preparing for my death.

"You're not saying goodbye to me, yet." A voice shouted as footsteps grew louder. Stiles, I realized. I looked over to see his Jeep parked in the clearing but Stiles wasn't alone. Scott and Derek stood with him, snarling at the Vampires.