You Smell Like Dog

02. You Smell Like Dog

I got a lift with Rosalie to school. To please Alice, I wore some of my new clothes she bought me yesterday. We headed into the school and I wandered off to the office to pick up my schedule. As I sat outside, waiting to be addressed by the secretary, a faint dog-like scent filled my nostrils. It belonged to one of two boys who were walking by. They were on the other side of the hallway from me. I pretended to read, not looking up at them.

"Hey she's pretty, Stiles. Maybe you could get a girlfriend this year." One of the boys said, poking his friend in the ribs. I had to look up at them this time. I raised my brow at them.

"Don't look at her! She can see you staring! She will think we're creepy or something!" The boy named Stiles hissed at his friend. I snickered. They proceeded to chat about random things when something caught my attention. They were talking about digging up a corpse. Absentmindedly, I took my schedule from the secretary, thanked her then followed behind Stiles and his friend. Something smelled off about the kid's friend. I needed to get to the bottom of this. Edward had said that werewolves were close to town, but he said the scent was strong. This was not that strong. Stiles turned his head and noticed me behind them. He whipped his head around and leaned close to his friend.

"Holy crap dude, she's right behind us!" Stiles whispered. I raised my eyebrow at him, which he noticed.

"Stop whispering so loud!" His friend sighed. They both turned around and gave me pathetic grins.

"Sorry, but you're really not that good at whispering." I grinned at them. A light blush tinted Stiles' face. His friend rolled his eyes. "My name is Summer. I'm new here." I told them. Stiles had a stupid grin on his face.

"Stiles Stilinski." He responded. "This is my friend, Scott." Scott waved quietly, his eyebrows raised at me. He seemed suspicious of me. "Er....we could show you around if you want?" I smiled at their offer.

"That would be great. I have english right now." I informed them, showing them my schedule.

"We have english too, actually." Stiles told me.

"So what's this I hear about digging up a dead body?" I asked them as we walked towards english. May as well cut to the point, I'm curious. The boys gasped.

"Dude, you suck at whispering!" Scott hissed.

"Relax. I won't say anything about it, I just want to help. You said you were going to go look for it?" As I said this, their jaws dropped.

"Er...yeah." Scott scratched the back of his head, his hands running through his dark hair.

"I know it's a little weird that I want to come. I'm just a little adventurous, I guess." I shrugged. Stiles and Scott looked at each other. Stiles held up a finger and pulled Scott aside to talk privately.

"Can we trust her?" Stiles hissed.

"I-I don't know!" Scott waved his arms around.

"She heard us talking about it...maybe there's something up about her. We can bring her along to find out what she is." Stiles suggested. Scott nodded. While they don't have the most ideal motives for agreeing to me coming along, at least they're letting me come with them, I thought. They came back over to me.

"Okay, meet us at Scott's place at eight-thirty tonight." Stiles ordered. We exchanged numbers and he texted me Scott's address. Perfect, I thought. Now, I have a good excuse to investigate Scott's strange scent. We got to the english room. Scott sat in front of a girl who I soon learned was named Allison and I sat behind Stiles. A girl named Bella sat beside me. Our teacher began handing out assignments.

Having done this about fourteen times, I finished in minutes. Stiles jaw dropped when he saw how quickly I finished my work. I looked beside me and saw that the girl named Bella had also finished her work.

"Have you done this before?" I asked her quietly. She nodded.

"Yeah we already did this back in Phoenix." She replied, shoving her brown hair behind her ear. "Hey you live with the Cullens now, right?" I'm not quite sure how she knows that...Maybe Edward told everyone.

"Yeah. You know them?" I asked her. Nobody really talks to the Cullens, so I'm surprised that she does.

"I'm dating Edward Cullen." She replied, biting her lip. I raised my eyebrows. Edward's dating someone and he didn't tell me? I was truly shocked.

"Oh, with all the stress of unpacking, he never had time to tell me." I lied smoothly, smiling at her politely. He has a lot of explaining to do, I thought to myself.

In Biology, I saw that Scott, Stiles, Bella and Edward were all in my class. Edward and Bella sat in the front left corner of the room, far from me. Taking advantage of Edward's mind reading ability, I sent him telepathic messages.

Edward, why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend? Does she know about you? You know, about the whole vampire thing? I thought, staring directly at him. He slowly nodded. What?! I gasped. Number one rule in the vampire world, don't tell anyone about vampires. Idiot...I thought, forgetting he could read my mind for a second. He whipped around to stare at me. I shrugged, grinning at him. He rolled his eyes and turned back to the teacher.

I was at my locker, thankful that the day was over. As I put my books away, I heard Scott's voice.

"I don't know if this means anything, but Summer smells different." Scott said to Stiles.

"Like in a bad way?" Stiles asked.

"No. Like kind of a sweet scent."

"Yeah, like vanilla. Probably her perfume." Stiles sighed.

"No it's different than that. It's sweet but not as strong as the Cullens. Plus her heart beats faster than everyone else's." He whispered. I shot my head up. He's onto me. The fact that he can hear my heartbeat means that he's definitely something, and I plan to find out what. I thought. I didn't really want to give away that I was supernatural, but I needed to confront them. Closing my locker, I walked over to the two boys.

"Okay, how do you know about the Cullens?" I asked, closing his locker door shut. Stiles' eyes widened.

"You heard that?" They asked.

"Yep, all of it and you don't smell so normal yourself." I retorted. I heard Scott's heartbeat rise.

"What do I smell like?" Scott asked, curiosity in his eyes.

"Kind of like a dog, but not that bad." I shrugged. Stiles snickered, earning a glare from Scott. "Edward said that werewolves were around here, but you smell different than how he described the scent." I continued.

"There are two kinds of werewolves in Beacon Hills. The Quileute werewolves, they reside in La Push. At least that's what I've heard...Then there's the kind like me and Derek Hale. We think he's the one who killed that girl we were talking about earlier. We think we know where the other half of the body is." So that's why he smelled like dog...

"Wait, there was a severed body?" I frowned. They nodded.

"They found the bottom half. Scott found the upper half the night that he was bitten. When we went back to look for it, it was gone. At Derek's, he noticed a heap of dirt so we're gonna dig it up." Stiles explained.

"I'm sure you could use the extra set of hands then." I looked at them. They nodded.