NASCAR

13. NASCAR

Stiles and I followed Scott outside to Derek's Camaro. I stared at the Camaro, wondering how Scott managed to get his hands on it.

"How did you end up with Derek's car? I'm surprised he didn't cut your head off." I asked.

"That's actually part of the plan." Scott replied. "We have to go to the school to go get Derek."

"Why is Derek in the school?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know, actually." Scott responded.

"Let's go find out, then." I nodded.

"So, who's driving?" Stiles asked.

"Me." Scott answered. I climbed into the back seat and pulled Stiles in the back with me, to allow Derek to sit in the passenger seat. Scott drove towards the school just as the sound of sirens wailed in the distance.

We arrived at the school just as Derek was running towards us. He jumped into the passenger seat and Scott hit the gas.

"I need to go on foot and get out of here. You guys drive my car and they will follow you." Derek ordered.

"They being the police?" Scott asked.

"No, Scott. He means the paparazzi." Stiles sighed.

"I mean the police and the Argents." Derek argued.

"Derek, you better go before they get too close and see you leave." I suggested, listening to the sirens that were growing closer. Derek nodded.

"Keep driving." Derek told Scott before jumping out of the Camaro. I watched out of the window as he snuck around then began running. I jumped into the passenger seat and flung my hood from my hoodie up, disguising my gender to any followers. They would know something was up if there was a blonde woman sat in the front of his car.

"We've got a follower." I announced, listening to the sound of tires against gravel. Stiles whipped his head around.

"Yep, there is definitely someone following us." Stiles confirmed. The car was catching up quickly. I looked over at Scott, who wasn't driving as fast as he could.

"Scott..." I warned.

"Faster?" He asked.

"Much faster." Stiles replied.

"Yeah, you're gonna have to go faster than that." I agreed with Stiles.

"Scott, I don't think you're grasping the idea of a car chase." Stiles sighed after Scott sped up slightly.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us." Scott protested. I quickly pressed down on the accelerator and chucked a flailing Scott over to the passenger seat. I sat in the driver's seat and accelerated hard.

"Scott, during a car chase, you can't drive like the roads are made entirely of ice." I told him.

"I'm not sure driving like NASCAR is much better!" Stiles argued as the two boys clung to the seats.

"I'm used to driving fast. When you can run really fast, it kind of sucks driving slow. That's why the Cullens and I drive fast cars." I informed them.

"They're gone." Scott spoke up.

"What?" Stiles turned around in his seat and I looked in the rearview mirror.

"They know it's not Derek." I sighed in defeat.

"Hey, I think I hear him." Scott announced. I listened to the pounding of feet against the road.