Only A Year

08. Only A Year

"Lydia and Jackson got attacked by the Alpha at the video rental store last night." Stiles told me as we sat in English class.

"Are they hurt?" I asked.

"Don't think so. Lydia isn't here though. We could check on her after English." Stiles suggested.

"Yeah, good idea. Maybe she saw something that could help us. Speaking of missing people, where's Scott?" I questioned, looking around.

"I don't know." Stiles shrugged then he looked at Allison's empty desk.

"Allison's not here, either." We both said. I rolled my eyes. Scott and Allison both gone? Can't be a coincidence, so they're skipping together.

"Come in, guys. I gave her a little something to calm her nerves." Lydia's mother said when we got to her house. "Lydia, Stiles and Summer are here to see you."

"What the hell is a Stiles?" Lydia asked, groggily. I smirked, holding back a laugh. Stiles narrowed his eyes at me. "How does a season come to a house?" My smirk vanished and presented itself on Stiles' face instead.

"Shut up." I said to him, rolling my eyes. We walked into Lydia's room and sat on the bed.

"Hey, Lydia. How are you doing?" I asked her.

"I'm tired." She mumbled.

"Bet you can't say I saw Suzy sitting in a shoeshine shop ten times fast." Stiles grinned.

"I saw Shuzy-" Lydia frowned. "I shaw-" Lydia looked to the ground. "I saw..."

"What did you see?" I asked, leaning close to her.

"You saw a...Mountain Lion?" Stiles offered.

"Yeah, a Mountain Lion." Lydia agreed.

"Are you saying that because you saw a Mountain Lion or because that's what the police told you that you saw?" Stiles asked her.

"Mountain Lion." Lydia answered. I rolled my eyes as Stiles picked up the stuffed Giraffe on Lydia's side table.

"What's this?" He asked, pointing to the Giraffe.

"Mountain Lion." Lydia replied. I sighed. This was going nowhere.

"I don't really think this is going anywhere, Stiles." I told him. He nodded at me, standing up.

"We're going to leave now, Lydia. Keep up with the whole post-traumatic thing." Stiles waved at her as we made our way to the door.

"Stay." Lydia spoke up. Stiles raised his eyebrows.

"I guess we could stay for a little longer." He shrugged, returning to his place beside Lydia. I sat on the floor by the bed. I watched as Lydia's hand slid down Stiles' arm and I listened to the gasp escape Stiles' lips.

"Stay." She repeated as her hand moved to his face. Stiles looked at me with a mix of confusion and shock. I bit my cheeks, jealously stabbing at me. "Stay...Jackson." She whispered, close to his lips. Stiles exhaled.

"And we're done here." He sighed as she collapsed onto the bed. Suddenly, Lydia's phone went off. "Do you want us to get that?" He asked her.

"Stiles..." I sighed. Obviously, she couldn't get it if she was unconscious. I took the phone off of the side table. As I pressed a button to look at the text, a video began playing. A dark figure with red eyes crashed through the window of the video store. I gasped, looking at Stiles with wide eyes.

"What?" He asked. "Did you find something?"

"Check this out." I handed him the phone. After he watched the short video, his expression mirrored my shocked one.