Movie Night

05. Movie Night

As the bell rang to signal the end of the school day, I made my way over to Scott's locker where he stood with Stiles. Stiles grinned when he saw me coming. My heart lept, which caused Scott to smirk and raise his eyebrow at me.

"Shut up." I whispered so quietly that I knew only he could hear. Scott snickered as my cheeks flushed pink.

"Ready to go?" Stiles wiggled his eyebrows at me, a stupid grin presenting itself on his face. I nodded as my heart picked up the pace. Wanting to get as far away from the suspicious werewolf as possible, I jogged over to Stiles Jeep. He opened the passenger door for me but ended up face-planting in the parking lot.

"Ow sh-" I don't hear anything else because I burst out laughing at him. Blushing, he jumped up off the ground and held out his arm, motioning for me to get in the Jeep. What a gentleman, I thought as I rolled my eyes at Stiles.

"Real smooth, Stiles." I chuckled, sitting down. He got into the front seat and turned the key in the ignition. I could still see a faint blush on his cheeks. I bit my lip to prevent further laughter.

"Shut up." Stiles chuckled.

We arrived at his house and he stopped the car. He unlocked the door and led me upstairs. I put my coat in my backpack and sat on the bed. Stiles brought out his cellphone.

"What kind of pizza do you like?" He asked me. Oh right. Pizza. I had forgotten about the pizza part but I was certainly grateful for it. I was beginning to need something. Stiles' blood was smelling better by the minute.

"Any kind." I shrugged.

"Do you want pizza now or later?" He asked, sitting on the bed.

"Considering that your blood smells pretty good right now, preferably sooner." I grinned. Hey, he already knows what I am and he saw how fast I run. He also knows my age and he hasn't freaked out yet. May as well be honest, right?

"You're not going to try and kill me like Scott did, right?" He looked slightly more serious now. Scott tried to kill Stiles? Must've been during a full moon or something...I hope.

"No of course not." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Wait, I smell good to you?" Stiles smirked. My eyes widened. I didn't think someone could possibly think that was flirting.

"A little..." I admitted, my cheeks reddening slightly. "Much better than Scott, that's for sure." Stiles laughed before pressing his phone to his ear.

The doorbell rang downstairs about twenty minutes after we called. Stiles ran downstairs to pay, but not before grinning at me as he left. My heart sped up a little. I sighed at myself. I can't like or even start to like him. Maybe it's time you stayed a little longer...Edward's words rang through my head.

"What are you thinking about?" Stiles' voice interrupted my thoughts as he came in with the pizza.

"Just something Edward said last night." I replied, shrugging. "So, what movie are we going to watch?" I asked him before he could say anything about Edward's words.

"You can pick one." He handed me his pile of movies. Batman, Batman, Batman, Star Wars, Star Wars, Batman and Star Wars. Nice collection, dude. I handed him one of the Batman movies. It had Catwoman and the Penguin on the cover, with the title 'Batman Returns'.

"Nice choice." Stiles grinned. I had seen a few of the Batman and Star Wars movies before. I saw a few of the Star Wars episodes at the cinema but I had never seen Batman Returns. I knew who Catwoman and the Penguin were, though. I knew who most of the characters were, through comics and games. I've had a lot of free time in my life, what can I say?

Stiles put the film on then turned off the lights in his room. He sat on his bed with his back against the wall. I did the same, sitting cross-legged. The box of pizza was in front of us. That's not cliché at all, I thought sarcastically as our hands touched in the pizza box. I heard his heart pick up, mine copying.

"I thought vampires have cold skin?" Stiles commented as he picked up a slice. I cocked my head at him, not sure why he brought that up. Seeming to understand my confusion, he continued, "Your skin is very warm."

"Really?" I knew it was warm to vampires because vampires felt warm to each other but I've always avoided human contact so I didn't know I'd have the same effect on them. I thought I'd be cold like vampires.

"Yeah, it's nice. It's like holding a cup of coffee or something." He responded, picking up my hand with his own as he turned to face me. I held my breath and heat flooded to my face. Despite him being a human, I was surprised that he couldn't hear my heart thumping violently in my chest. As he inspected my hand and felt the warmth, I just stared at him with shock evident in my expression.

"I always thought I'd be cold to humans." I told him, watching him play with my hand. He looked up slowly, his eyes wide.

"Wait, what do you mean? Have you never touched a human before?" He asked slowly. I nodded. To be honest, I had but only Stiles.

"There was the time I lied to your dad and I held your hand but you never mentioned anything. Plus the high-fives. Other than that, no. I try to avoid getting close with people because I leave a few years after I get there. If I allowed myself to make friends, it would be emotionally painful to leave that town which is mandatory to avoid suspicion about my lack of aging." I admitted, sadness stabbing at me. Stiles paused the movie.

"I was too distracted to notice when we were with my dad." He said, now holding my hand in between his two hands. "So, you just go school to school, never moving forward?"

"I move to a new town, go to the high school for a few years with a new last name, then I move on." I nodded.

"That seems pretty boring to me. You never hang out with anyone, you just avoid people to avoid hurting?" He stared at me with his caramel-coloured eyes. I nodded slowly, looking down at my crossed feet.

"I don't really have much choice. I've been to college a few times but I can't stay around for long. It's just easier." I gasped quietly as Stiles rubbed his thumb along my hand.

"Easy isn't always the best option." He told me. He's right, I realized.

"I've already made a big mistake by approaching you and Scott that day. I've had fun hanging out with you guys this past few days but making friends will just make it more painful to leave Beacon Hills." I felt tears stinging my eyes. Maybe I should leave Beacon Hills...

"Then don't leave." Stiles whispered. I looked up at him.

"But I don't age. People will notice eventually." I bit my lip.

"Yeah, eventually. You could go to high school, graduate, go to university and get a degree. Besides, by then Scott and I will be done school, too. We know about your supernatural state so it's not an issue for us. The Cullens have already been here for a little while, why don't you stay with them for longer? They stay until it is necessary to leave." Stiles suggested. Once again, he was right. I didn't have to leave after two or three years. I could stay for longer than that. I was just scared to make friends if I stayed any longer. Doing the same thing over and over for eternity isn't really living. You've been on your own for forty years, Summer. Maybe it's time you stayed a little longer and made friends even. Maybe, more than just friends, I thought back to Edward's words.

"Thank you, Stiles." I whispered. Hesitantly, I wrapped my arms around him. He took me into his arms. I've only ever hugged the Cullens before, I realized. I didn't particularly enjoy their hugs, due to their hard-as-a-brick skin but Stiles' hugs were soft and warm. I felt...home. I internally cringed at that thought but decided that I've had enough arguing about leaving and human interaction for today. Screw it, I told myself. I deserve a little fun. I leaned closer to him, snuggling into his warm embrace. I could hear Stiles' heart doing a marathon in his chest and the small gasp that escaped his lips. I rolled my eyes at his excitement and shock. And I thought I was inexperienced with the opposite gender...Stiles pressed the play button on the remote, then returned his arm to its place around me. I turned my focus to the screen and enjoyed my prize from the race.