Already In Trouble With The Teachers, Too

09. Already In Trouble With The Teachers, Too

I took my seat beside Stiles as Scott sat behind him. This is gonna be awkward...I thought. Stiles was still mad at Scott for letting his dad get hurt at the Parent-Teacher Conferences.

"You're still not talking to me?" Scott asked. "Look, I'm sorry about your dad. It's not too bad is it? Just bruises or soft tissue damage?" I bit my lip. I felt bad for both of them, but I knew it's better for them to talk. "Stiles...I know you're still mad at me but I went to Derek for help." Scott spoke up. I heard Stiles sigh. "He's going to help me control my shift."

"If I was talking to I would say you're an idiot for trusting him but obviously I'm not talking to you." Stiles hissed through his teeth. Scott sat back in his seat and began taking his binder out of his bag. Stiles' heartbeat was quickening as he fidgeted around in his seat. I fought back a grin. He's curious...He's totally gonna talk to Scott! Stiles let out a sigh before turning around to face Scott.

"What did he say?" Stiles asked. I smiled to myself before facing the teacher.

The three of us were sat down in the cafeteria after class. Scott and Stiles had been talking about Derek's plan. Scott had a textbook in front of his face because Allison was sitting with Lydia at the table opposite us.

"So, if you get angry then you wolf up and get stronger?" I asked him. He nodded.

"He said I have to avoid Allison for now." Scott sighed. This poor kid's head over heels for Allison...that's going to be hard for him, I thought.

"Pain helps you stay in control?" Stiles asked with an eyebrow raised. He's totally planning something evil...I thought to myself. Scott just nodded.

"Scott...the book makes it more obvious." Stiles frowned at the book that was shielding Scott. "I have until the end of the day to train you myself. Summer, you can help." He said while getting up, taking Scott's textbook and stuff, leaving Scott exposed. He's still mad...I realized. Scott quickly stood up.

"Scott!" Allison called. "Scott!" She started to follow him. I better stall her.

"Hey! Allison, right?" I asked. She looked at me and nodded.

"Um..yeah. You're Summer?" She asked, her eyes darting behind me every now and then, searching for Scott.

"I'm a friend of Scott's." I told her. "Don't worry, he's just really busy today with studying and whatnot."

"Oh. Okay...Thanks." She said awkwardly.

"Just thought I'd let you know. Don't worry about him." I smiled at her before following Stiles' scent which led outside. I found him and Scott on the Lacrosse field. Scott was strapping something around himself.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked, eyeing the equipment in Stiles' hands.

"We're going to train him. I have Coach's phone which has a heart monitor on it and we're using it on Scott. We'll keep an eye on his pulse and try to keep him from getting angry." Stiles explained to me. Fantastic, he stole the Coach's phone. It's not like the Coach here yells all the time...I rolled my eyes. In fact, the Coach was pretty scary.

"Thanks for distracting Allison." Scott thanked me as Stiles taped Scott's hands behind his back. "You know, this isn't exactly how I wanted to spend my free period." He sighed.

"Okay, stand right about there." Stiles ordered. He then walked away from Scott, motioning for me to follow. I followed him and he picked up a Lacrosse stick and ball. "Remember Scott, don't get angry." He reminded Scott then with what appeared to be as much force as he could muster, he launched the Lacrosse ball at Scott. I winced as Scott grunted.