Designated Driver

11. Designated Driver

"So, what's your theory?" I asked Carlisle when we got home. I was still injured from my fight with Scott but Carlisle had an idea about how to heal me.

"When vampires lose a limb or any part of their body for that matter, they use their venom to reattach the lost part. I'm going to see if that works to heal you, but it might sting." He explained. I nodded as he led me to a bed. I lay down, wincing at the pain as he brought out a syringe.

"Is that venom?" I asked, studying the needle.

"Yes. This won't pierce your skin so we'll have to apply it externally." Carlisle explained, approaching me. "I need you to lay as still as you can."

"Okay." I took a deep breath, preparing for any potential pain. Carlisle pushed on the trigger of the syringe. The thick venom oozed out of the syringe, falling onto my shoulder wound. The venom was cold against my skin and it hurt like hell. I screamed out in pain. The pain was more than anything I'd ever experienced in my life. I clutched the side of the bed as I tried to stop squirming. Using his gloved finger, Carlisle gently spread the venom over the scratch. I hissed as the pressure burned under his touch. The pain eventually began to subside in my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Summer." Carlisle said quietly. "The good news is, the venom is working. The wound is healing." I turned my head to watch as the wound slowly closed up. He moved to the scratch on my cheek. He grimaced as he squirted the silvery venom along my cheekbone. Another piercing scream escaped my lips. He began working faster now that he knew the venom worked. He coated venom over my side, my arm and my leg. The pain was worse with more venom, but I knew it would last less time than doing each wound individually. I continued screaming as the fiery pain in my body raged on. I knew that this pain was considerably less pain than the transformation from human to Vampire but that didn't mean this didn't hurt. In my life of avoidance, I'd never gotten hurt before. This pain was nothing I'd ever felt before. The pain began to slow down, lessening as my wounds healed. I was definitely going to punch Scott later.

"The worst is over. I'm going to check on you every once in awhile to see if there are any side effects but it seems to have worked." Carlisle disposed of the syringe.

"Thanks, Carlisle." I thanked him, letting out a deep breath. He placed his hand on my head for a brief moment before leaving the room. Twenty minutes later, once I felt strong enough to stand, I made my way over to my bag. I found my cellphone and checked my messages. There were twenty-four missed messages from Stiles.

To Stiles: I'm fine now. Carlisle found a way to heal me.

I couldn't help but feel excited that Stiles cared so much about my wellbeing. I wasn't used to it because I had never let myself make friends before Scott and Stiles. Stiles replied instantly, as if he was waiting by his phone.

Stiles: Good. Allison broke up with Scott. Wanna come make him feel better?

To Stiles: I'll have to check up with Carlisle. He wants to make sure there aren't any side effects from the treatment.

"Carlisle?" I approached Carlisle who was sitting in his study. I didn't need to ask Carlisle for permission but I wanted his medical opinion.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, studying me.

"Strong again." I answered. It was true but I still felt a little weak.

"I'm glad to hear." He smiled.

"Do you think I'm well enough to go out?" I asked him.

"Depends where, I suppose." Carlisle responded.