We Deserve to Be Happy

(Santana's Pov)

I watch as the couple frown at me and Brittany and I frown also.

"I'm sorry I believe you have the wrong house. We never had a child with the name of Brittany pierce" the father says slowly before there little girl comes out front and frown at brittany.

"Who are you" she says and they scold her.

"Now Kate that's not nice, she's just trying to find her home. What if you never knew me or your mother, you would be sad too" his dumb ass says as Brittany starts to tear up and I pull her away and to the car. I put her in the passenger seat and I get in the driving seat. She just faces the window and now I feel this tugging at my heart like this unwanted burning feeling and I shake it off while starting the car. I drive and I just keep an eye on britt and the road also. It's almost 11:00pm and I've only been driving for 2 hours. I got 4 more to go. I pull in a gas station and I go into the store to get Brittany some stuff while she probably went to the bathroom. I get us some sandwiches and chips and juices and waters and candy and a whole bunch of stuff to satisfy us until the next pit stop. I get in the car and turn on the ignition. Brittany gets in and her eyes are bloodshot. It's my fault she's hurting this bad and I feel awful. She would have never been curious about her parents if I haven't had mention the idea of ever meeting them and then the little bitch had to have dumb ass parents who go off at the mouth.

"Okay britt, it's almost 11:30, we should be there at 6 at the latest. With traffic and all we......." I stop when she starts climbing into my lap as I pull off from the gas station.

"No britt you can't just climb into my lap" I say as I watch for traffic and merge back onto the highway.

"Brittany I'm not playing" I say but she just looks at me dazed. Like she's here and hearing me but she's not. I just sigh in annoyance.

"Brittany I don't like people touching me" I mutter but she just frowns.

I let it go and grit my teeth as I drive faster. So imagine me driving leaning back as if I'm sitting back on a couch and then Brittany is sitting sideways on my lap. Her feet are sitting in the passenger seat and her body is laying on my chest and her head is buried in my neck. I can feel her breath in and out slow and steady. I play some catchy tunes and drive. I constantly grab something from the back to eat and listen to Brittany as she sleeps.

I've been driving for about 3 hours now and smile as there's no one on the road, it's 1 something and everyone is home sleep. So I can drive at how I please and got under an hour left to go. I stop at Wendy's and go to the drive thru.

"Hi, how may I help you. Can I take your order please" I hear through the speaker.

"Yes can I get number 7 a 5 12 and 8 please. No meals just burgers except number 7 you can make a large sprite" I say and I hear her sneak dissing.

Damn this chick must be huge ordering all of this.

"24.78 is your total" she says and I drive to the window. As I pull up her face goes into shock and I smile politely playing it off and handing her a $100 dollars.

"Keep the change" I say and she's even more shocked. Her friend come up to the window too and he starts eyeing me but frown at brittany.

"That's illegal" he says and I laugh.

"Sweethearts I do as I please" I say waiting for the food.

"Your going to end up homeless and broke with that attitude" the girl says and I start laughing.

"I should tell your boss that I must be huge seeing I have ordered all this food" I say and she goes wide eye.

"Don't worry, your not worth my time" I say and pull out my wad of 100's and watch her jaw drop.