[22] Hatred #3 - CG

i have no idea why, but you all went crazy and said so much nice things about the last imagine! thank you soo much, you really made me so happy! sooo here is part 3, i really hope you enjoy it! oH and thank you for 14k! idek you all make me so happy, and i am so sorry if this chapter disappoints you!

i haven't read through it, so sorry for mistakes!

y/n sighs relieved as she reaches the shelter, drying away the sweat that's on her forehead. she is exhausted after today, and having to carry someone all the time doesn't make anything better. she places her son on the little bed she made for him, giving him the last bite of the protein bar. she secures the door and sits down in front of her son, smiling at him.

"mommy, is this our home?"

"it is for now, carlin. do you like it?" 

he shakes his head no, finding it intimidating. he is a 2 years old little boy, he shouldn't be living in a place like this. y/n sighs and looks down at her lap, wanting to cry. she doesn't know how she has been surviving nor how carlin has stayed as healthy as he is, but he does. the two of them are all alone, and they have been since that day.

after what y/n had to do, she couldn't move from where she was. rick had noticed how the both of them weren't back at alexandria, so he went to find them. when he found them, carl was laying there with a hole in his forehead, and y/n sat there with carl's gun in her hand. rick went crazy and took everything wrong, he didn't notice the bite. he made y/n leave right there and then, not even thinking about her safety nor letting her explain. she wasn't allowed to even think about going back to alexandria, and he did say that if she wasn't a teenager he would of have killed her.

she found a group a couple of months later, and eventually gave birth to her and carl's son, carlin. when carlin had just turned one year the group got attacked, and the two of them was the only ones who survived. she has been alone with her son since, and she is starting to get tired. she wonders how she ended up like this, and what daryl would of have said if he has been here.

"carlin dixon, don't jump in your bed! i can't just buy a new one, and you know that."

"what is to buy, mom?"

y/n sighs and sits down beside him, pulling him into her lap. he has learnt to talk extremely fast, and he has so many questions she doesn't want to nor can't answer. he is very smart to only be two years, or three soon, but thankfully he doesn't ask questions about his father. he doesn't even know that having a father is something that exists, but he will find out about it eventually. y/n is nervous about that day, she hasn't been talking about carl since that day.

she looks up at the roof, seeing that the crack from yesterday has gotten bigger. her eyes widen as she sees the roof giving after, and realizes that if they stay there any longer, they will both be dead soon. she takes a hold of her son and makes him walk over to the door with his small feet, and then she grabs her backpack. as they walk out of the door she hears a part of the roof fall, so she picks carlin up and runs away from the shelter.

"mom, what is happening?"

"we have to find somewhere else to stay, sweetheart. we'll find a place, don't you worry."

carlin has tears running down his face, but has learnt that he can't cry out loud. he has his small hands wrapped around her neck, and keeps his eyes close to make sure he won't see any of the monsters. y/n starts to slow down and looks around, finding this place extremely familiar. she knows she has been here before, but doesn't know when nor where it actually is. 

"m-mom?"

"yes, carlin?"

"i'm tired, mom."

"me too, but we have to keep fighting a little longer. i made a promise, i can't break it."