[3] Jealousy - CG (part two)

I wake up in the three house, day four. I have beeen here for four days, and if I'm right they haven't even tried to find me. Carl probably came up with an excuse about me wanting to be alone, making them think I'll probably come back.

After the first night here I found out I'll never go back to the group, never. I've always been the outsider in the group, Glenn being my uncle didn't help at all.

"Glenn won't miss me, I know he won't"

I sit up, wiping my eyes. My eyes trail off to look outside, seeing Carl walking around on the street.

"Shit"

I sit on the side of the little window, making sure he can't see me but that I can see him.

What if.. What if he's looking after me? No, he's not. He can't be, he hates me.

I lay down again, my head on the little pillow I took with me. I can hear him talking to himself, he sounds insane. Is he ever going to leave?

——

He finally began to walk home after an hour with talking to himself, maybe it was longer. I need to go and find some food, I'm really hungry and I haven't eaten that much. I've been afraid that they'll see me, you know, the group. Why am I still here? I don't need them, I only need myself. And food, maybe water. Yes, I need water. Why am I doing this to myself?

I grab the empty water bottle and climb down from my little sanctuary, walking down the street. Of course I'm walking the opposite way than the group, I can't risk seeing them.

——

The sun is shining, making me really hot. I've been walking around to find some food and water the whole day now, and I need to find a place to stay. I just need a little house with a bed, that's all. Maybe I should take the risk and walk back to the tree house? It's dangerous, I know it is, but it's worth a try.

I begin to run, taking my knife out of its holster making sure I'm ready for everything that can happen.

After running in a hour, only meeting 6 walkers and one squirrel I finally get a sight of the tree house, but I'm met by people walking around it.

No way, I can't die now.

My feet travel to behind the house beside me, trying to make a plan.

"I need to make up a plan, come on y/n"

"Making a plan under pressure is hard, right?" My eyes meet one pair of blue familiar eyes, but at the same time they are like strangers. "Did you think we wouldn't find you in that tree house? You talked about that damn tree house for weeks!"

I scoff, crossing my arms. "I left for a reason, leave me alone Carl!"

I turn around to walk the opposite way, but only getting met by my uncle's eyes.

"Y/n? I-I can't believe it!" He wraps his arms around me, he hugs me as he never has before. "You have no idea how scared I was, why did you just leave?"

"I-I just wanted some time alone, sorry" I lie, making Carl standing there uncomfortable. I don't want this, I honestly wanted to be alone and never meet them again. I may would have missed Glenn, but I wouldn't have missed all the others.

"Listen, kiddo. You can have some time alone, but running away is not the answer!" Daryl says as he appears in the dark, smiling. I smile back, still in Glenn's arms. "Let's head back, you need to sleep in a real bed"

I give a sight, starting to head over to the old house. I'm still sharing bed with Carl, how am I suppose to sleep in the same room as him when I don't want to talk to him?