[21] Hatred #2 -CG

here's part 2! it may be a little short, but i didn't have time to write any longer. i have a lot of stuff to do, and expecially write! thank you for 12k, by the way! idk if i'm going to write a part 3 of this, but it's your decision! if u have a request, please message me them! thank yooou

y/n runs like crazy through the woods, not wanting to look back. she knew this was going to happen, she knew it wasn't worth it, but she did it anyways. carl grimes has broken her heart, he stumped on it and threw it directly in the trash like it was nothing. she definitely feels like nothing, and the hatred towards him is back.

it has been three months, that's 92 lines on the wall, it's 92 days, it's 132 480 minutes and god knows how may seconds it is. he threw them all in the trash like it was nothing, like she's not worth it. he said that loving her is worth it, but it obviously isn't. he lied to her, of course, why wouldn't he?

y/n continues to run, but stumbles and falls to the ground. she doesn't even care about getting up, she would rather lay there and die. carl catches his breath as he stands beside her, holding his side as it's hurting. y/n looks up at him and notices this, seeing how pale he looks.

"couldn't handle running, huh? what about you turning around and walk back?"

"i will turn if you don't stop and listen to me!"

y/n looks up at him confused, not understanding what just happened. she stands up on and leans her weight on her not hurt foot, trying to gain her balance back. carl is now looking down to the ground, not daring to look into her eyes. he didn't want this, he doesn't want to leave her like this.

"w-what do you mean?"

"i didn't want it to end up like this, i'm sorry."

he removes his hand from his side, and slides his shirt up a little. there, on the side he was just holding, was a bite. a bite of horror, the bite which made carl having to break up with her, the bite that's going to tear them apart, the one that takes her love away and the bite he was supposed to hide, but didn't.

"no, this is not happening! y-y-you can't die, you are going to live with me and save me when i do something stupid! you are not dying, you can't!"

"y-y/n, i-i'm sorry this happened. i-i wasn't careful like i promised, p-please, p-p-"

carl tears up and bursts out crying, something he wanted to avoid. he is so scared for leaving her alone unprotected in this world, and this is the second death of someone close to her in such a short time. she won't have anyone to protect her, and to make her feel safe. she will end up alone, again.

"you can't end up like my dad, you can't! i-i just got better, i-i just started to feel again, and now this is happening? this can't be true, it can't! what have i done to deserve this, huh?"

carl opens up his arms and embraces her weak figure, holding her like it was the last time, which it is. he can feel his shoulder getting wet by her tears, but he doesn't care, her shoulder isn't any better. he will miss all the small moments they have had, and he will miss her generally.

"i'm so sorry, y/n, but please, don't do anything stupid! stay alive, live your life, okay?"

"i-i don't know if i can, can't i leave with you?"

"no! you have to keep moving on, you are the strongest person i know, okay? i will watch over you, and make sure you stay alive. i will haunt you and be the creepy guy looking at you in sleep, even though you don't know it or can't notice it. please, do it for me. i will always remain your boyfriend, but know that i-i-i want you to find new love, okay? find someone that makes you happy, even though it may be difficult in a world like this. just, stay safe and happy, for me. i love you, y/n."

"i-i'll do it for you, carl. i love you so much, i'm sorry for just running away not letting you explain, i'm stupid. thank you so much for everything you've done, i-i love you." carl pulls up his gun and hands it over to her, nodding reassuringly as she takes it. she looks up at him sadly, giving him the last kiss that will ever occur between them. "i'm so sorry carl, i really am. i love you, so much."

"and i love you, y/n. stay safe."

"i will."

and everything turns black for carl, and y/n watches his body fall down to the ground. the body of her now, dead boyfriend. her dead boyfriend, the one who broke up with her only because he wanted her to hate him instead of missing him. but he, carl grimes, didn't only leave sadness and memories. he left a gift unknowingly, one which is still unwrapped.

his first and only child.