[8] Memories - CG

I AM GOING TO TRY SOMETHING NEW THIS TIME, BUT NOT FOR LONG. YOU'LL FIND OUT WHAT WHEN IT COMES OK.

Somehow I can still feel it, our hands holding while running away from the new prison. We had a life in front of us, even though we are in an apocalypse. Now we are alone in the woods, and Carl can't remember a thing. He can't remember who I am, how we got here and what had happened in a long time.

Somehow I have hope, somehow we will do this together. I have told Carl my name, and what's happening. Carl fell down from a tree , dumb enough to even try to climb it with his arm hurting already. It has been 2 days after the so called accident, but somehow I think he did this with purpose.

He climbed that tree for a reason, and that reason was me. We had a fight, and he said he never wanted to see me again. He sees me now, of course, but he doesn't see his girlfriend beside him anymore. I'm just a stranger for him, so his wish came true. Maybe this is a new start for us, who knows, but I don't know if it will be the same ever again.

"You know, some day I think this will be over. What do you think?"

"I don't know Carl, maybe it will."

"Wait, how do you even know my name?" Oh wait, he haven't told me yet after losing his memory. "Have I told you before?"

"Yes, yes you have."

We have been walking for hours, I have no idea how to get back to the prison.

"You know, I remember that this started. The last thing I remember was Sophia coming out of the barn." You can see the fear in his eyes, I have never heard the story about Sophia before. This could be my chance.

"Sophia?"

"Yes, she was Carol's daughter. One day a lot of those.. ehm."

"Walkers?"

"Yes, walkers. A herd of walkers came and we had to hide, one of them tried to take Sophia so she ran in the woods. We searched for her for days, weeks, but we couldn't find her. We came to this farm, and a guy named Shane, he was close to our group, he went insane and opened the barn where Hershel hid some walkers. I think it was some close people of him who had turned into walkers, but somehow Sophia ended up there. Sophia had turned, and she came out as a walker. My dad had to put her down. She turned because of a bit, she couldn't of have survived anyway."

"Wow, I didn't know."

"How could you know?" I sigh and keep walking, I'm almost tired of talking right now. "How did we find each other? Have we known each other from before?"

"I found you on the ground, I haven't met you before now." I lied, but I had to. I can't tell him who I am, I just can't.

"Are you sure? I would never have just joined a stranger like this, seriously."

"Are you sure? Because you joined me, seriously."

"Good one, good one."

"But I'm serious, I haven't met you before now." He sighs and slightly nod, starting to walk faster. "Carl? What is it?"

"Some day I really hope I will remember stuff, I want to find out where mom and dad is."

He don't know about Lori and Judith, and that happened a very long time ago. That happened in the old prison, Carl has told me about his mom and their story.

"Stop being angry, Carl."

"I'm not angry, I just want to think."

We found a new prison some days after Alexandria fell, it was a pretty nice place but Carl and I wanted to be alone. It was so stupid, I have no idea why I said yes to do it. Maybe because he finally said he wanted to be alone with me?