[15] Oblivious - CG

this is something short and kinda fluffy for you guys! by the way, i haven't read over it so sorry for mistakes! just wanted to upload something for you guys because ily!

3 R D  P E R S O N
carl grimes is extremely lonely, even though he has y/n by his side. it's not that she's not good enough for him, not at all, she's just oblivious about carl's feelings towards her. he feels lonely because of how he can't share his thoughts with her, and that is because all of them is about her. he loves every single thing about her, and he doesn't have anyone to talk about her with.

"a penny for your thoughts?"

carl has zoned out, but starts focusing on the girl beside him when he hears her voice. he starts thinking if he should share is thoughts, or if he should just come up with something and use it as an excuse. he doesn't know if she loves him or not, all he knows is that he hasn't seen any signs for it yet. he studies her features, taking in every single single ting. he then realize that he has been staring, coming up with an answer real fast.

"why would i want a penny in this world? everything is free."

y/n is surprised by his answer, the only thing she wanted was for him to talk. she doesn't understand the reason for his sudden change of mood, but she sure doesn't think it's alright. she likes carl's personality, a lot, but somehow he does things she can't understand. she always thinks she knows and has seen every side by him, but she get surprised often by new sides.

"you're wrong, you know? everything in this world is not free. you have to work for everything, and i mean everything. you have to work for food, water, family, clothes, a sanctuary and even for someones attention. you also have to work for someones love, not that i will find love in this world. i'm too ugly for it, you know? but still, you have to work for everything."

carl wants to laugh at that. not at what she said about that you have to work for everything, he knows she's right. he wants to laugh at the comment about her looks, because she is totally wrong. without thinking, he chuckles and quickly earns a glare from her. she looks at him with a confused look, not knowing what's going on inside his head.

"you want to tell me why you're chuckling?"

carl shakes his head, now getting up from their bed. yes, their bed. they have been best friends since they met on the road about a year ago, not that they have track of time. he starts looking around their room, seeing all the stuff that keep a lot of memories. he opens one of the drawers, revealing their book. they write one thing each every single day, the one thing being what they are thankful for.

"have you written in it today?"

y/n nods, letting out a sigh as she collapse on the bed again. she took a chance and wrote carl today, none of them have written each other yet. it's not that they aren't thankful for each other, they are just afraid what the other one will think. carl nods as he opens the book, going through the page slightly before reaching to the current page. he stares at his name, feeling a light blush creeping.

"wow."

y/n is laying on the bed with her hands covering her face, afraid of what he will think. she hopes that he will take the hint, she doesn't know how to confess her feelings to him. when y/n hears the wow escaping carl's mouth, she can't help but feel nervous. she knows that he has seen it, and it feels like the world has stopped, and that she can't breath.

"y/n? are you okay?"

she nods, her hands still covering her face. he can't stop himself thinking about how much he wants her to be in his arms right now, and how much he want to cuddle her carl walks over to her and sits down beside her, just an inch between them, then slightly laying back beside her. he keeps his eyes on her, seeing how she's holding in her breath.

"i-i am okay, just nervous."

she lets out a breath, feeling two hands on hers separating them from her face. she likes how warm his hands are, and the special feeling she gets by just a simple touch. he keeps holding her hands as he turns her around to face him, seeing her eyes opening slowly. he smiles as he gets lost in her eyes, relieved that she returns the gesture. they lay there for what seems like days, exploring each others eyes.

"why would you be nervous?"

"you know, it's you."

"you're nervous around me? i don't want you to be, how come?"

y/n sighs as she now snuggles into him, feeling him tense up. she understands that he's confused, and she honestly thought that he would of have shaken her off him by now. she feels him ease up as he wraps his hands around her, enjoying the sudden contact. she smiles as he pulls her closer, making her head laying against his chest and her hands is around his torso. she feels herself yawn.

"i'm nervous beca-," her sentence is interrupted by her own yawn, but continues afterwards. "-use i have feelings for you, but you obviously don't have feelings for me."

"and why wouldn't i have feelings for you?"

"have you seen me?"

"yes, and i can't get enough."

carl feels relief take over his body as he says it, and he can't help but smile big. y/n looks up at him in shock, meeting his gaze as she looks at him into his eyes. she can't help but smile, feeling her heart beat faster and faster for every second he looks at her.

"i love you."

somehow y/n doesn't regret blurting it out like that, she means it and has wanted to say it for so long. carl smiles as he hears it, realizing that she may be the one. a lot of people don't believe that it's someone who's the one, he didn't even believe it himself before, before he met y/n. he intertwines his hand with hers, pulling her closer and closer.

"i love you too."

y/n smiles as her face is only inches away from his, that of course including their lips. carl glances down to her lips and back up to her eyes, y/n copying his act. he closes the gap between them, and let their lips find the perfect pace. the kiss is passionate, and y/n's hand is up his shirt feeling his abs. he has been gotten more muscles lately, and she starts to smile into the kiss when she realizes that this is actually happening. carl pulls away in need of air, feeling himself blushing at how intimate it got.

"now it's my turn to say wow."

carl chuckles as he gets up and takes the book, bringing it over to her with a pen. he sits down beside her as he writes, not letting her see what he's writing. as he's finished writing what he's thankful for, he places the book in her lap and looks at her excited. she looks down at the book and pull it up, seeing the words she has been waiting for.

my girlfriend.

okokokok so this was all fluff awkayy

how are you guys?

what's your name?