Twelve.

Mettaton was completely unresponsive.

You'd have called for help, if it weren't for the fact that there was literally nobody else in the park.

And besides, nobody would help a monster.

What happened next was a blur. Somehow you had driven him home and carried him into the living room, where you had moved the furniture away from the center of the room so you could lie him down.

This was where you went on autopilot.

You reached over to the box on the coffee table Alphys had given you. Inside was his charger, like expected, and a few tools. There were no instructions.

You decided to start by removing his boots, which held a good deal of the water and energy drink mix, to start the drying process. His hair was beginning to dry and stick together in clumps, but even so you positioned it so that he wasn't really lying on it. You did the same with his fringe, revealing the waterlogged circuitry beneath.

Upon seeing the water damage, you ran and got a towel from your bathroom and positioned it under Mettaton's head before removing the clear plastic which was meant to protect the delicate wiring and charging port underneath. Once removed, you gently turned him onto his side in an attempt to get the liquid out. Surprisingly, not that much came out; but it was a start.

You moved down to his chest when you noticed some liquid coming out of it as well. Noticing a few screws keeping the front on, you looked over to the box and managed to find corresponding screwdrivers to remove it. It was a relatively quick process to undo them, however, and as you removed the panel you were able to remove the majority of the liquid. The remainder of the mixture was trapped in his arms, which you managed to drain through simply bending them.

Mettaton was still out cold.

You guessed that he still wasn't dry enough, so you ran out and got a second, smaller towel and a hairdryer.

With the towel, you tried to carefully patted the circuit boards dry where you could access then - both in his chest and in his face.

Still nothing.

The only sign of life was the glowing heart on his torso, which urged you to keep going somehow.

You then got the hairdryer, and setting it on cold you started to dry off any residue the towel wasn't able to get.

Nothing.

The only thing you could try now was to charge him, put the chest-piece back on, and wait.

As you waited, you took his boots into the bathroom to clean them. They were almost sticking to you as you touched them.

It was only when you got to the sink and placed them in, you came off of autopilot.

Despite the fact that you had lived alone before Mettaton moved in, the house felt unnervingly quiet. To combat this you turned on the tap and began to wash away the sugary coating on the boot.

You felt numb to any emotion in that moment.

~~~~~

Half an hour had passed since you plugged Mettaton in. His heart was still glowing, slowly fading in and out in a gentle pulse.

It was weird how you'd never noticed that before.

You had carefully given him a wipe down when you had finished with the boots, and you had also washed his hair as best you could (you found that the strands were actually synthetic, so you didn't have the right products to use on him).

Turn Me On [Mettaton X Reader]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें