Chapter 4

*Pretend that Tyler lives in NY.*

Shelby

I grabbed the keys from my purse and started to drive. 

I didn't know where I was going. 

All I knew was that I was moving by summer. 

It was March now. I drove aimlessly until I saw that I was at the Panera Bread that Tyler and I were supposed to meet at later today. 

When I finally got to the Panera Bread, it was 10:57. 

I walked into the restaurant and ordered what I wanted. I got my drink and sat down, waiting for the buzzer to, well, buzz.

I opened my phone and saw that Tyler took a selfie with food here. 

He was here? I looked around but couldn't find him. 

Maybe he was in the bathroom. I sat back down to my table. After waiting a few minutes, the 'thing' buzzed. 

I stood up, grabbed my mac and cheese, and walked back to my table when something stopped me. 

It was Tyler. 

And he was holding someone else's hand.

She could be family right?

They kissed.

They could be close family, right?

Okay, Shelby. Maybe he's not cheating on me. 

Not again.

I started eating my mac and cheese when the girl came back. 

They kissed again, which slowly turned into a make-out session. 

Some old man said, "Get a room." 

Some old lady responded with, "You're just jealous and wish you could do that." 

I looked away.

I thought Tyler's changed.

I don't want to think about that.

I just went on my phone and checked Instagram. 

Some fan art was drawn of me and I liked most of them until eventually,  it was 11:50. 

I watched as Tyler's .... girlfriend walked out, with a smile beaming from her face. 

I put my dishes away and walked over to him from the table I was at.

"Hi, Tyler." I tried my best to be as happy as I usually am.

"Wh- hey Shelby. When did you get here?" He sounded nervous at first but regained his voice.

"I just got here, I was just in the bathroom." I said, lying through my teeth.

"Oh, ok. I just ate so I'm not hungry anymore. You wanna just hang out at my house?" 

Never. Not anymore.

 "Sure." I walked out of the restaurant with him. And a fake smile beamed on my face. But who cares? 

No one knows the difference anyways.