Part 14

---Sylvia---

I was up at four am throwing my guts up. My memories of the previous night came in flashes of colors and events. Drinks. Couch. Creeper dude. Ricky and I went back to the bus. What happened after that? I had a dreading sense we slept together, though I didn't think that was the case. My body felt more hungover than sore. 

That afternoon I was laying on the couch with a blanket over my head. My legs were thrown over Cody, who was playing Grand Theft Auto as I slowly downed a bottle of water. Someone's phone went off and Mark announces that the food is here and everyone gets up and leaves. 

"Do you want me to get you a burger?"

"I guess."

I'm left in silence for a while until I heard the door open. Someone with blue gray eyes moves my sheet of solitude and offers me a burger. I was surprised it wasn't Cody and hissed at the light that poured into my vision. He laughed.

"I figured you would be like this today." Ricky said and sat down by the couch. 

"You dick." I murmur, taking the burger.

"What did I do?" 

"You probably got this with onions."

"What's wrong with onions?"

"Everything. What happened last night between us?"

"You don't remember?"

"Not really."

"Lightweight." he teased and took a bite of his food. I watched the movement of his jaw and tried not to be creepy about it. "Nothing, really. A guy harassed you... I walked you back to the RV.. You tried to sleep with me... You wen-,"

"I what?" I sit up, heart speeding up. 

"Don't worry. Nothing happened."

"Oh."

"'Oh'?

"I don't know. That's good I guess."

"You want to sleep with me?"

"...If I do I want to remember it. I mean, ya know. It's, uh..." I felt my face heating up as he looked at me, eyebrows raised and smiling wide. I love the color of his eyes. 

"Calm down. I'm joking."

"Yeah." I settled back down on the couch and poked at my burger. "Thanks for the food."

"Yup..." We ate in silence for a few minutes, me laying on the couch and him sitting against the couch on the floor. He closed his eyes for a moment and looked really tired. 

"You can get on the couch is you want."

"No, it's okay."

"Let me rephrase that, please join me on the couch I am a lonely affection-deprived human being and you look very sleepy. I want to take advantage of that." He smiled at my request and got up. Soon his body was pressed against mine as we spooned on the couch. He lay his head down on the pillows and I felt his entire body relax. I took the food from his hand and set it on the bag on the floor. I turned on the couch so we were facing each other and snuggled closer up against him. I shifted the blankets so that there wasn't any light shining at me from the windows and we were both bathed in shadow. 

"Oh yeah." he said, already sounding half asleep. "I forgot to tell you. Ryan found some kittens outside the restaurant."

"What?" I felt as if I had been raised from the dead by the strike of a lightning bolt. "Where!?" I started to get up and was abruptly pulled back down. 

"Please nap with me. They're not going anywhere, they're too small. I promise I'll show you soon." I sighed and settled back in. He relaxed again. After a few minutes of exchanging body heat I couldn't help myself.

"What color are they?"

"...What? Uh, brown I think. Tabbies."

"How old were they?"

"I don't know. Shh."

"Did they look healthy? Were they eating right?"

"You'll see for yourself. Shush."

"...Where do you think the-," 

"Oh my god, fine. Let's go see the kittens."

"Thank you."