Chapter 29

LUCY'S POV

Once i left the cafeteria i went straight up to the roof. When i go there i was disapointed to have found it empty. I searched the whole school and Natsu was nowhere to be found. Where could he be?

I soon gave up searching and i started to wander around the schoolyard. Why is he so good at disappearing? I pouted in frustration.

"Where are you Natsu?" I whispered talking to the air beside me.

"Looking for me" I heard someone say into my ear. Only one person sounded like that........Natsu.

"Natsu where were you?" I said turning my head slightly to catch a glimpse of the salmonette behind me.

"Were you worried?" He said hugging me from behind. I snuggled in closer to the source of heat that radiated off of Natsu.

"Of course i was!" I half yelled. I was a bit mad but most of it was filled with worry.

"Sorry Luce" He whispered in my ear which caused shivers to run all over my body.  I rested my head on his shoulders and we stayed like that for what seemed like an eternity and i wish we couldve.

We stayed in that position until he decided to turn me around by my waist and give me a deep and passionate kiss on the lips. I kissed him back and we shared a few kisses before we both parted to breath.

"Your a great kisser." Natsu said smirking before giving me a quick peck on the corner of my lips.

"Shut up Natsu." I blushed but i remembered that he never really explained where he was.

"Natsu where were you exactly?" I asked facing him while his hands were still on my hips.

"I was practising basketball in the gym at first then i went outside to play soccer for a while." I looked at him and sweatdrops were clearly visible dripping down the side of his face,sliding across his jawline then falling onto the floor.

"Thats why you werent in the gym when i checked,you were in the schoolyard." I placed all the pieces of the puzzle together in my brain.

"Wait did you eat lunch yet? " I asked Natsu with a hint of concern in my voice.

"No"

"Come on lets go eat lunch then." I started to walk and drag Natsu by the hand but he still kept one hand on my waist as we made our way to the cafeteria.

When we were about to open the door he let go of my waist and i stared at him in confusion.

"Luce you dont want them to find out about us do you?" He whispered.

"Oh right." I whispered back but i had already missed the feeling he gave me when he had his hands  around my waist.

We walked one behind the other into the cafeteria where only Gray,Juvia,Levy and Gajeel sat. The rest of the cafeteria was completely silent and empty. All the other students had already made their way outside.

"Look whos back." Gajeel smirked.

"Cut it Gajeel, Wheres Lisanna,Erza and Jellal?" I glared at him before looking around for my 3 friends.

"Erza and Jellal went to practice fighting and combat and Bixlow asked Lisanna to help do him a favor." Gray explained while Juvia had layed her head on his shoulder and she was sleeping peacefully. He had a faint blush on his cheeks but he managed to keep calm.

"Hey Lucy did you find what you were looking for in the Library?" Gray said emphasizing the word Library.

"Uh I didnt have alot of time to go to the library so i rested on the bench in the schoolyard and coincidently i bumped into Natsu on the way back." I said trying to sound convincing.

"Oh-okay" Gray said but a smirk had once again formed on his face.

"Natsu you havent eaten lunch right you should cause if you dont then you might faint today in class when we present our project. Now hurry up okay!" I said in a very sassy tone and i put my hands on my hips pretending to be annoyed.

Natsu might have been confused of my sudden change of mood but Natsu being Natsu understood why i was like this and he started to play along with me.

"Shut up Heartfilia." He glared at me,his voice dripping with hate. How is he so good at acting? Anyway once he said that even though i knew we were pretending it was still very scary.

"No you shut up Dragneel I just wanna get a good grade so hurry up and go eat your lunch!" I screamed at him. He flinched but he regained his posture.

"Tch" Natsu walked away to go get his lunch.

Maybe i may have yelled a little too loud and harshly.

"Woah what is up with you guys one moment your all lovey dovey and the next you hate each others guts."Gray said trying to clear the tension even though there really wasnt any.

"We werent acting lovey dovey." Natsu and i yelled at the same time.

"Uhem! This*cough* morning *cough*." Gajeel interupted pretending to cough.

"Whatever." Natsu said opening the door to the room where the food is served.

"I'm coming mister i have to make sure you eat your lunch and not ruin our presentation." I said to Natsu following behind him.

When we opened the door we saw a tray of food with a label that read Dragneel's lunch placed on the table. The school chefs probably left it there realising that Natsu hadnt grabbed his lunch yet.

"Great acting Natsu." I said placing a hand on his shoulder, His back was facing me so i had no clue what expression was on his face.

"Yeah You too Luce." His voice held no emotion.

"Natsu i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings, you know i didnt mean a word of what i said. I love you Natsu more than anything in the world" I hugged Natsu from behind and i felt him flinch again but he placed his hands ontop of mine.

"Luce i wasnt sad and you didnt have to apologise. I was thinking about something so you dont have to say sorry." Natsu said and i could feel his steady breathing.

"What were you thinking about?" I asked him as we seperated from the hug.

"I was thinking about how long we have to keep this secret. I feel utterly horrible when i have to pretend be rude and mean to you. We cant keep doing this cause it might get into our relationship." Natsu said, for some reason i felt really happy to know that our relationship meant alot to Natsu.

"Dont worry we can tell them when the time is right but we have to promise that there will be no misunderstandings after our acts and there will be no hard feelings between us because of them." I said holding out my pinky.

"Deal." Natsu said pinky promising me.

"I love you Luce." Natsu said pulling me closer to him. I started to blush but instead i grabbed Natsu's shirt collar and slammed my lips into his. He was taken by surprise but he kissed back soon enough we were having a make out session(JUST KISSING) until Gray yelled at us from the other room and told us to hurry up and grab Natsu's lunch.

"Great no we have to go back to acting like total enemies."I pouted.

"its alright princess." Natsu said giving me another kiss.

"Lets go."

"Okay!" Natsu grabbed his lunch and we walked out of the room glaring at each other.

Oh how much i loved this man. I am so glad i could have someone like Natsu in my life.

 I am so glad i could have someone like Natsu in my life