Chapter 22

NATSU'S POV

Today was my mothers anniversary so i was not in the best of moods this morning. Yesterday sure was a waste of time so once i got home i studied for a bit then i went to sleep since it was really late when i got back form Levy's house. 

"I hope tomorrow turns out better then today." I said aloud to myself.

I got my backpack and walked to school without my school uniform. I left it in the washer and as i said i wasn't in the best mood today and it took years for Gray to understand that days like this i wanted to be alone.

I walked the usual winding path to school except way earlier then normal and because Makarov knew what day today was every day today every year the school's doors open early so i can come in early and talk to makarov about my past. I have to say even if i dont act like it i am really glad to have someone like Makarov to help me out, i cant forget Gray, Jellal and Gajeel who help me through my depression stage. If it werent for them then i wouldve already considered committing suicide.

In the letter my father said that he loved me but if he really did why did he leave me alone in this world and for him to think that i could have the Dragneel Property as a gift for leaving me then he so did not understand me back then.

I talked with Makarov for a while but he never really helped me take the anger away. Dont get me wrong i love the old man but when i am with him i tell him the same thing every year, I tell him that i am fine and i basically forgot about what happened then he smiles and pats me on the back but truthfully the event was just like yesterday to me its still hurts and every year my anger grows.

I went to my classes but my determination to get good grades werent as high as it used to be, when i was young i actually believed that good grades and education was the key to success but now i am doubting it. My father said that it was the key to success and happiness sure in money and business he was sucessful but in life and being a father he failed miserably.

The more i thought of the past the more i felt anger and sadness, i have tried to forget but my past will haunt me forever. Instead of letting my tears start spilling i went to my classes and sat far away frm everyone even my friends.

I completely ignored what the teacher said and started to day dream. The teacher asked me to focus on class but i ignored and since the teachers knew what day it was they left me be for the rest of the day.

In science class i had to participate and i told Blondie the plan for the script then i made my way to the rooftop of Fairy Tail. Every year i stand on the roof top and stare at the scene while thinking negative thoughts.

I stood and stared at the scene below me students eating lunches outside and smiling. I remembered the last time i smiled and that was a long time ago.

TIMESKIP AFTER LUNCH

After lunch me and Lucy both made our way to our next classes which surprisingly we all had the same classes.

"Hey Natsu."

I spun around  to face Lucy.

"Yeah."I said calmly but coldly. I didnt purposely want to be cold but i kndve got used to this way of talking.

"Natsu you dont have to be cold around me." She said putting a hand on my shoulder. I glanced at her and gave her a reassuring smile. She smiled back.

"I didnt mean to i just get used to this way of talking." I replied kindve guilty.

She didnt seem to be bothered by it and instead she understood me.

We made our way to Art Class and we both went to our seperate seats. I sat beside Jellal my art partner. The teacher started to talk about a bunch of random things and honestly i may be a top notch  A  student but i am not a fan of listening to teachers.