±twenty-five

"what was that abou- oh okay cal" she chuckled as calum wrapped his arms around her waist. jessica blushed from the sudden touch but refused to believe she did. weird isn't she?

"what's gotten into you?" she sighed, looking at the brown eyed boy who stared right at her

"i'm getting out" he wanted to say but he was scared. he was scared of losing her. so there he was again as if he was mute. he refused to speak and hugged her tighter. it's like his first day all over again. refusing to talk to anybody around him.

"calum, you can tell me" she trailed off. as calum's hug got tighter she knew all he wanted was to be comforted. she decided it might be best to just talk about it on another day.

she obviously lost track of what day it was but she insisted that her and calum stay inside his room since he looked pretty worn out.

calum tried pulling his shit together and grow the balls to tell her but he can't. he doesn't do anything but walk with her to his room. his eyes glanced down to their intertwined fingers and he slightly smiled. he'll miss holding her hand.

"jessie?" he spoke up once he's seated next to her on his bed. or that's just what he wants to call the metal thing that had hard cushions.

"yes cal?" jessica was hesitant to what he might say. she was scared as well. she didn't know what was coming but she knew it wasn't good for her, the way calum moved and his mood says it all. she knew something was wrong.

"i- i'm getting out" he stuttered looking down at his feel, "i- don't want to but uh-m-ugh yeah"

she smiled at how frustrated calum was, not forcefully. she was happy he's finally free. she knew all along calum would get out earlier than any of them. he was too precious. although jessica didn't know his story, she knew he was innocent. all that's driving him insane was the fact that they're blaming the death of his family on him. she was sure he's done nothing.

"you're not mad?" calum asked while he played with the hem of his shirt. was he over thinking everything too much? maybe not, he thought. maybe jessica didn't feel the same way? he tried to push all the negative thoughts away so he'd put his attention on what's right in front of him.

"me? mad? what- no. why would think that? if it's anything, i should be happy for you" jessica tried reassuring.

but for some reason she wasn't completely happy with calum getting out. she will miss him, she knows that. jessica let out a deep sigh realizing that she's being selfish. she wants calum happy but she's scared of losing him. she's scared of being forgotten.

none of them knew the feeling was mutual. the feeling of being forgotten and the fear of losing someone they've only met.

FUCK I KEEP FORGETTING I HAVE A WATTPAD ACCOUNT LMAO HANAHJSBDBD HERE'S AN UPDATE IF PPL ACTUALLY READ THIS SHIT