±seventeen

JESSIE'S POV

"jessica auburn i swear if you don't snap out of it i'm going to have to kick your ass" michael complained, hurting my forehead with a flick of his fingers.

"what if cal doesn't read the letter? what if i made a complete fool of myself? what if he doesn't feel the same?"

"speaking of that kid, why did he have alarms on his door and around him? was his case that bad?" samantha asked

"yes" i nodded, not giving anymore information.

"look, we're gonna get back there once we find your family" mikey answered calmly, "that's our only goal anyway."

"i love you guys" we all joined in for a group hug. i still remember our old address, hoping my family was still staying in. i ran towards the front yard but stopped dead on my tracks when a police car was parked in front of our house.

"mike, oh god" i gasped. we all hid behind some sort of fence and bushes as the police talked to my mom and dad. dad had a stern look on his face whilst the police talked. mom on the other hand was pacing around in circles looking really frustrated. i wonder how michael and the others' families reacted to this. my older brother came out of the house, a hoodie over his head, looking around as if he was looking for something or someone rather. i lost balance and accidentally popped my head out of the bushes catching my brothers attention.

he sneakily made his way towards us and i prayed to god he wouldn't get caught by mom and dad or the police. "jesse?"

"hi" i croaked, "jacob"

he quickly sat in front of me pulling me into a tight hug, "i missed you baby sis, you've grown up"

i looked him in the eyes and saw the tears forming, hesitating to spill out. i started crying myself as i tightened the hug i was in, i didn't want to let go. i missed him so much.

"this is dangerous jess" he sighed, "i just wanted to see you guys before you leave, i have nowhere else to go unnoticed so we're probably going back to prison"

"god i missed you" jacob whispered once again, still not letting go.

"jake, tell mom i love her so much and i thank her for everything. tell dad i'm sorry for being such a disgrace-"

"you're no disgrace jess" he sighed, pulling away to look me in the eye, "you're the sweetest, kindest and the most loving girl i know. you're a lot like mom and you still haven't realized that"

"but-"

"no buts" he said pulling me in for another bone crushing hug,

"PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR"