±eight

"i don't wanna get up"

"jess, your mom wants to see you"

i quickly sat straight from bed and looked at a worried looking calum. he quickly flashed me a small smile when he saw me looking quite excited.

why would mom pay me a visit?

i might be a little anxious about seeing her.

"you're really lucky to have your mom visiting you" he sighed. i stood up on my tiptoes to give calum a peck on his cheek.

"i'm sure your family misses you"

"i miss them more than anyone would" i gave him a tight hug seeing as his eyes become glossy.

"you better go, don't wanna keep her waiting"

i nodded before running out of the room and into the small lounge on the first floor of the building. i was escorted by one guard holding me painfully as if i was gonna make a run for it. i'm just gonna make a fool out of myself if i do. there weren't any free exits anyway.

there i stopped dead on tracks. i saw a brunette slim figure, in an age most likely to be 40+, her eyes widened as she took a glance of me.

i slowly made my way to the cell, not believing this was real. it seemed like a cliche movie but it wasn't, this was my life. her eyes turned glossy as i stopped to sit in front of her. i had no idea on what i was supposed to do. i was in shock and at the same time expressionless.

how long have i been locked up?

"mom..."

hearing one word come right out of my mouth, she started crying. if i were a parent i would probably cry as well because seeing the child you gave birth to locked up is horrible. i wonder if she thought of me as an embarrassment.

"please don't cry"

"look at you, jess" she tried talking but as she did it only made her sob even harder.

"i'm sorry" i bowed my head whilst fidgeting with my fingers.

"i just wanted to tell you that we were moving out" she coughed, "honey, i did everything i could but your father"

i knew how much anger my father felt when he found out i was taken here. he felt embarrassment and disappointment, who wouldn't be? i was a failure of a girl. who would want to keep me.

but mom, she tried to fix it with my father but he never listened. he always liked my older brother better than me. i don't even know what i ever did to make him hate me that much. i wonder if there was still love in his heart for his only daughter.

i tried to keep it in but my eyes started to water and i didn't want mom to witness that so i made a quick run for it, heading straight to a room of someone i just started befriending.