±two

the only class we had to take today was literature so i mumbled a small 'thank you'. i would've said a louder thank you if i were freed. i've been trying to think of ways to escape this place but i'm starting to lose hope. although i'm only stuck here for 5 years because i was accused with possession of cannabis, i still want to get out earlier. i wasn't addicted to it, i tried it once then got caught because of some bitch named abigail who's hated me ever since i started being friends with her ex, michael.

i was shook out of my thoughts when i caught a tall dark curly haired figure across the school yard. of course i knew it was him. calum.

i walked towards the sleepy looking boy and pinched his right cheek. it would've been weird acting this close to a guy you've only met a night ago but it was fine.

"what're you up to sleepy cal?"

he shook his head and let out a silent giggle, weird. cute and weird all at the same time. calum hood everyone!

"well i have literature and i'm sure you have it as well, let's just hope we have it in the same room." i smiled, handing my palms out as i waited for him to pass me his schedule.

room 43 "bad luck, i'm on 46, close enough"

his face crumpled into a small pout whilst he folded the paper back into his pockets. "i'll just catch up with you later then, yeah?" he nodded while we parted ways.

whilst walking to room 46 all i could think of was calum's smile and the way he'd laugh silently. he was adorable and i wonder what he sounds like. not in a sexual way, please. not like that.

going back, calum was adorable. i couldn't think of any horrible thing about him hence i couldn't imagine him hurting people. he was like a cute little puppy sent out into the wilderness.

i hated attending classes, i only did today because i thought i had one with calum. i used to skip, no one even notices at all. like every attendance a friend of mine would answer for me and answer for herself and the teacher doesn't even notice.

"look who decided to show up" a red looked at me with almost unbelievable awe.

michael.

"oh look it's gordon, amazing" i rolled my eyes before taking a seat next to him.

michael was part of the group who got caught; it was me, him, matilda, peter, samantha. they smoke cannabis regularly and i was the innocent friend who would stop them or help them hide. but eventually i got caught once. once.

"c'mon cheer up, we're getting out of here"

"oh really now? when?" i answered, not really amused. michael was the one who'd wake everyone up at 3am because the police and him were making such noises. why? well, just because he got caught. once again. the same thing happens all over again, repeating and repeating, never getting tired of trying.

"once our penalty is over and paid" i sighed, "i don't see yours almost over"

i did my best to control myself from crying but tears started filling up my eyes. michael was my best friend and i hated seeing him locked up. i hated seeing him trying to be happy inside this huge cage well in fact he isn't.

he always reassured me that every thing was fine, every thing was okay. but it's not, he's not ok. i know he made a mistake, we all made a mistake. but my heart hurt every time i see his situation. he doesn't even get closer to finishing this penalty thing. his days in this prison were always added up since he was being such a dork it always added up. one penalty over the other. he's not getting close to getting out of this place legally.

"crying again?" he exhaled "i hate it when you cry. don't do that. you make me wanna cry"

"i hate it when you do something stupid only to gain another penalty" i cried silently, burying my face on his shoulder. i felt him wrap his arms around my waist as he pulled me closer, giving me a tight side hug.

"we're gonna get out of here together at the same time, i promise"

hello !!
so i'm going to be updating each part of this story every saturday and i sure hope you all support this it means a lot thank u !!