±seven

i tried getting information out of calum. i don't even know why i'm doing this, maybe because i just wanna be friends or maybe it's something else. probably not though.

so far, i can only manage to talk to calum every other night. that's his mood. figured he wasn't much of a talkative one. unlike mike.

"that kid's always on his notebook" peter rolled his eyes, "he a genius or what?" he continued, looking at me.

"what?"

"peter stop being mean" michael frowned hugging his knees to his chest.

"why don't you go ask 'em? you're the interested one"

out of nowhere, matilda started chuckling. she wasn't my best friend but it was nice to have some girl company since samantha never went out much. she was usually sulking in her room. she was too sad about everything going on. she literally looked dead. there weren't any sparks in her eyes. no life at all.

she worried too much about her family abandoning her. well in fact i'm sure they were never going to do that. she was always bothered about why they never paid to visit her or any of us. we tried reminding her how strict the security was but she would always think of other things that made her cry.

"jessie" calum whispered which startled me since he never talked to me when the other guys were around.

i walked over to where he was sitting after i told the others to keep their mouths shut, especially michael. i knew how much they thought i liked calum.

i didn't want to scare him away.

"sup?"

"do you like the rain?" he asked looking back at the cold hard walls that surrounded us. i looked other to the stiff bars guarding the small opening up the wall.

"it depends, you know i like it when i'm in the mood for it"

he nodded, closing his little notebook and shove it back to his bag before pushing it under his bed.

"you wanna go out cal?"

he shook his head no, motioning to the window "who says you can't go out when it's raining?"

"too cold"

i nodded in return whilst i tried to find a comfortable position on the floor. the other guys went out just before i found a good warm place to sit on.

"i'm gonna freshen up" i nodded not really paying attention to him, "wanna come with?"

what

wait what

woahkay cal

"I'm joking, cutie" he chuckled.

calum chuckled.

like with the cute little sounds.

i stared back at him as he finished laughing and made his way to the bathroom. i must've looked completely bonkers.

he was too cute even without the curly mess on his head.

"will you stay over?"

"i'm not sure that's allowed"

"no one will find out though" he smiled, trying to hold back another laugh. he was so giddy it was almost impossible.

i had no other choice but to stand up and join him in bed. calum made space for me before pulling me closer and burying his face on my head.

"are you sniffing me?"

"no" he scoffed and stiffened for a moment.

"hug me back, j" i gave him a good 2 minute stare before obliging.

"i like you, cutie"