Chicken

"Will you run away with me?"

I couldn't breathe if I wanted to. It seemed like all of the air in my lungs, all of the air in the room, in the world, all disappeared. I couldn't make my mouth form words and even if my lips complied, I would not be able to talk around the blockade that was the lump in my throat. My knees felt weak and my fingers felt like they were going to crumble away in Levi's palms.

All of my fears of Levi moving away, all of the times at 1 in the morning when I could have sworn he was out there sharing a bed with someone else, every shiver down my spine whenever a phone rang, even when it was just my own, they were all forgotten.

Using pure willpower, I was able to move my head. It was only a nod. Only a slight wriggle up and down. Levi probably would have missed it if this situation wasn't so dire.

But it was my answer.

And it was yes.

Levi's eyes turned from a pleading, to an expression only could be described as pure bliss. His mouth turned at the corners, his eyes burned.

It was my favorite face he makes, and I want to do anything to see it as often as possible.

He wrapped me up in his arms and picked me up. Even though my legs were longer than his, he was still able to sweep me off my feet. Levi kissed me with a passion and the gentleness that reminded me of our first kiss.

Simple, sweet, barely more than a peck...

But it carried all of the emotion he couldn't say with words.

Levi moved his head back to look me in the eyes. "I love you, Eren Jaegar."

"And I love you."

BAM

The door almost broke off of its hinges and was accompanied by eight people screaming.

"Eeeeereeeeeen! Leeeeeviiiii! You didn't tell us there was a poooooooool!" Hanji yelled

"..and moment ruined..." Levi mumbled an drew away from me. "You know we are heading to a beach, right? What does a pool do for you?"

"That's not the point!" Hani whined, "Water is water, no matter how small."

"Don't you mean however infested with the fluids of every patron who's ever been in the pool that doesn't even smell of a strong chlorine?" Levi tilted his head, "Count me out."

I looked at Levi, "Come on~ don't be like that. We could all play chicken, I'll be on your shoulders." I waited for Levi to realize i just told him his head would be in between my thighs, and it only took him about half a second.

"I'm in."

•~•~•

"Goooo Sasha!" Connie screamed atop Sasha's shoulders. the two charged straight towards a scared Petra on the shoulders of a Hanji withe eyes ready to kill. Hanji jerked forward so fast, Perta almost fell off but grasped for Hanji's jaw fast enough to stay out of the water. It was Futile though, because as soon as Perta saw Connie and his thirst for blood, she got scared and jumped off on her own. Hanji never gave up that fast of course, so she still had a deathgrip on Petra's legs, dragging her down under as well.

Compared to their battle, a relatively tame skirmish was taking place between Marco on Mike's shoulders and Jean on Erwin's. The fight wasn't joking anywhere though, because Marco didn't want to hurt Jean and surprisingly Jean felt the same. I could see Mike and Erwin growing impatient.

My own battle was beginning shortly. I was of course on top of Levi and we were against Armin atop Mikasa. The fight went very shortly since A. Armin wanted to be back in his room sleeping because Connie and Sasha snored too loud for him to sleep on the ride here and B. Levi used his ankle to trip Mikasa, making them fall into the water.

Even though we won, Levi didn't let me off of his shoulders. Instead he ran around, interrupting the others and scaring the shit out of me. When I begged him to let me down, he only bit at my thigh and proceeded to make an attempt at going down the small water slide with me despite my attempts at dissuading him.

Soaked and exhausted, all of us decided to head back to our rooms, and after changing into pajamas, we all crowded into one room and watched The Little Mermaid because it was the only movie the hotel had for free. Most of us complained, but everyone sang along.

With the sun dawning in a few hours, we migrated to our own rooms, I was happy to feel Levi's arms fall over my side and pull me closer as I fell asleep