Chapter-10(edited)

Next day we have to leave for Mumbai for the next match.
I was really excited coz my cousin lives there n she asked me to visit her. The match is tomorrow so I have to go n meet her today.

I'm on my way to ask Virat if it was ok with him that I should go meet my family.

Virat was on his phone when I reached his room.

"Ok baby I'll be there " pause "yes I promise" pause "love you" with that virat ended his call.
No doubt he was talking to Anushka. Why does that girl always has to interrupt my plans.

Virat turned n smiled when he saw me.

"Vertika I was just going to call you actually I needed a favour" Virat asked me with a hopeful look.

"You want to go out with her" I completed for him.

"Yes so please handle here" virat come closer n took my hands "I promise not to create a problem. we will just chill out at her place no going out" he said with a sincere face.

"I know that I'm troubling u but I promise to make it up to u" he gave me a puppy dog eye.

I hate to admit it but I doesn't want to disappoint him. I know its wrong but I can't help it when he ask me so sweetly . so yes I gave in.

"Ok but promise me virat u will not come in public eyes" I told him with a serious look.

"You are the best Vertika. The best in the whole world" with that he hugged me.
Heaven. Yes this is what his arms feels to me. If I get a chance I will stay right here. Always.

With that virat left to go, leaving me behind.
This is wrong so wrong. I don't know why but I'm having this feeling that I will regret this decision.

So after Virat left I came back to my room n calling my sister telling her that I couldn't make it today. may be after the match I get some time.
She was not 1% happy to hear this.
she already don't like Virat n then this just increased her anger.

After calling her I just finished some work n then drifted to sleep.

Next morning the first thing that I felt was pain. My head hurt like hell n I have a fever also.
"Perfect" i said to myself. Note the sarcasm.

When I dragged myself to get to eat something everyone was already there eating n talking.
Mahi was the first one to spot me.
"Hey Vertika good morning" he said with a smile.

"Morning" I said n sit beside him.
I found virat looking at me.

"You r ok?" he asked.

"Not really I have a fever" I told him.

Mahi put his hand on my forehead n said "God you are burning Vertika" he said.

"No its fine" I try to tell him.

"No its not..... You have a fever you need to see doctor" virat said n stand from his chair.

"No no I'm fine Virat I have taken some medicine I'll be fine" I told him.
It made my heart swell that he cared enough abut me.

"May be it is coz of climatic change n travelling" Raina said.

"Yes Vertika is not so use to of all this travelling" Ashwin add.

"I think that's the reason I'll take some rest then I will be fine" I told virat coz he still looked stressed.

"You are not coming to the match today get some rest n don't u dare do any work" virat said with finality in his voice.

"Ok" with that Mahi passed Me apple. I happily took it n started to eat it.

After breakfast I came back to my room.
Took a shower n change into a loose tank top n shorts. I'm not really comfortable with shorts when I'm with the team but today all I'm planning to do is to sleep so I want to be comfortable.

I was just going to jump on my comfortable bed when a knock stopped me.

"Coming" I opened the door.
Virat stand there with a smile. But the look on his face changed when he took into my appearance. His eyes roam on my body from head to toe.

This made me blush but I quickly asked him "you want something?".

This made him snap out of his trial. "Oh.... Yes we were leaving for match so I just wanted to check on you".

This made me smile he really cared about me. May be just as a friend but that is fine by me. For now at least.
"I'm fine virat the headache is better n the fever will be gone after I take a nap" I told him.

"Ok look NEHA is also here so if u want anything call her" he said.

"Will do that now go otherwise you will be late" I told him.

He turned to go but stopped n said "n one more thing doesn't go outside wearing this..... Its just not so safe to wear this n roam alone for a girl" with a smirk Virat left.

Does he means to say that I looked hot.
No no virat was just messing with me.
But may be he...
Stop it Vertika he is dated an hot actress why will he think you as hot.
But may be.... Just may be.

Hey guys, sorry for the late updates but I'm trying to make it up to you.

Do tell me how much you guys liked the chapter.

In the next chapter Viratika  (virat n Vertika) ate gone have a fight. Do tell me if you like the idea or not.

Doesn't forget to like n comment.

Follow me on twitter- vforvictory18.

Love you all- vmonster