Chapter 19- Valentine's Day Part 6: The Votes and Results

Ms. Cheryl walked to student by student, handing out a piece of paper. What are we voting exactly? I have no idea. Our next schedule is 'Dancing With Valentine', maybe it has to do something with that.

"Jury!" Ms. Cheryl yelled and got the whole class' attention.

Ms Cheryl was just right in front of Vanessa, holding a paper in front of her face. She seemed pale, her elbow is rested on the table and her head is supported by her hand. She was just looking at the wall without any movements whatsoever except blinking.

"Get your paper now!" Our adviser yelled with a tone of annoyance. What's wrong with Vanessa?

Ms. Cheryl held her hair in frustration and just smacked the paper on her desk, making a loud bang in the room which made all of us flinch.

Finally, our adviser arrived to me, "What happened to you and Vanessa, anyway," She whispered, placing a hand on the stack of papers, "Because her attitude has something to do with you." She slips her hand on the paper, removing one paper and handing it to me, "Fix this will you?" She gave me a weak and sad smile.

As she started walking, I looked where she is, "Miss," I whispered, she looked at me and raised an eyebrow, "Just... help me please."

Ms. Cheryl was giving me an 'are-you-sure-about-this' look with sad eyes. I just nodded and she continued giving out the papers. I hope miss isn't getting sick of me.

I looked at my paper. It was a survey or votes for songs and best awards. I thought of Lisa before I was going to answer, hmmm what does she like?

'Rock, Old-fashion, Slow dance.' I read the 'types of songs' in my mind.

From what I know, she likes calming musics. I checked Slow Dance. It might also be a good time to give my envelope. I smiled at my imagination of me and Lisa just slow dancing together in the room, alone.

Psssssssst

I heard someone hiss and I looked at the back of me.

"What?" I asked the person at the back of me and he looked at me confused.

"What?" He tilted his head.

"You hissed." I said.

"No I didn't idiot." He went back to answering his paper. I glared at him before I faced my paper again.

Psssssssst

I heard it again and I looked in front of me, Vanessa was facing me.

Am I going to ignore her or talk to her?

Before I think of my decision, I recalled everything that happened these past few weeks.

First, I thought of the time I said the truth.

"What are you going to tell me? What do you mean truths? Do you mean you have been telling me lies?"

"No, Vanessa just listen to me, alright?" I told her and she nodded her head yes, "To be honest, Vanessa. I liked you. I liked you from the moment I saw you. Then, ever since you have met Alex, I have been jealous of you and him. So, I actually used Lisa. What I mean by used is I used her to make you jealous as well and at least try to make you like me. But then, every moment I encounter with her, I actually feel something I felt before. Then, the night came, last night. When, Alex actually confessed to you, I was heartbroken and you know that. But I also realized something. I love Lisa. And for your question, I wish it is true...," I breathed in. I stopped when Vanessa started crying.