Chapter 7- Preparation

Vanessa's P.O.V

"Don't be so sure about it" Katie said in reassurance and I looked at her in sorrow, "Don't give me that look, I know how to cheer you up"

She winked and looked at me. My eyes sparkled and together we said, "Shopping!!!!"

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Both of us were walking down the street, making soft thuds on the ground with our shoes. We wore shades even though it was dark. Katie wore a crop top with ripped shorts and cute, bright sneakers. As for me, I just wore a hanging sweater, with short shorts and white rubber shoes. We hanged our purses on our elbows.

Ring ring

The phone of Katie rang and she answered it.

"Hey, who's that?" I asked but she ignored me.

"What?" She said in a quite annoyed tone, "You do know I'm in the middle of something? I told you to text me first before calling me!" She yelled and I flinched. I never saw her mad, "I'm going to the mall, does it matter? I'm ending it" She placed her phone in her purse and scoffed in annoyance.

"Who was that?" I asked, biting my lip, hoping she wouldn't kill me.

"My brother... He's been calling me every minute and I hate it. I told him to text me instead but he still calls me" She answered, rolling her eyes as we made a faster pace.

"Awwww, maybe he cares for you so much!'' I squealed, and her face suddenly went down, walking slower, "Is-is there something wrong?" I asked in concern.

"My brother... doesn't care for me, he uses me to avoid awkwardness, or when he's nervous. He sometimes calls me just to show people how much he actually cares for me" She answered in despair. I put my arms around her.

"How are you sure about that?" I asked.

"I just know and feel it" Katie answered and slapped her arm.

"And you told me to not be sure about things" I laughed and a smile was on her face.

"I guess so" she looked at me, smiling.

Continuing walking, we saw the mall just right in front of us. We ran inside and going to a nearby clothes store hastily. As soon as we entered it, our eyes roamed around at the beautiful dresses we can see. We looked at each other, winking. We shared let's-go looks before we actually explored the store.

"Oh my!! Katie look at this dress!" I squealed showing her a simple, sky blue, shiny dress. It's length was at the mid of my knees and foot, "I love it!"

Then, Katie showed me a dress as well. It was black and simple, the dress touched the floor. It had little designs on the chest part.

"Nice?" She asked and I smiled, nodding, "I'm trying it out!" She jumped in joy running at the fitting room.

I giggled at the action of my roommate. I looked back at my dress and gazed at it. It reminded me of the necklace my dad brought. I slid my hand in my chest then placed my necklace out. The necklace still made me feel comfortable, also the dress.