Chaper 17- Valentine's Day Part 4: Free Time

Vanessa's POV

I still love him. I still love Mark. Despite everything he said and has done to me I still love him. It's always like that when it comes to love. You force yourself to hate the person you love but you just can't because that's how much you love him. I hated the feeling. I want to forget all about him but my heart chooses not to.

"Vanessa, are you ok?" Alex asks me who caressed my back.

I don't know why can't I just like Alex instead of Mark. He loves me and the only problem is I don't feel the same way. My heart already belongs to Mark. I like how Alex still fights for me, even when Mark hates him or the fact I love Mark more than him. It's so stupid yet so sweet.

"Vanessa?" I hear his voice again but I'm still trapped in my own world.

I hate Lisa. Period. That's it. I hate her. She was the only person I could rely on whenever I have problems. But instead, she is my problem. How could she? Is she really stealing and using Mark as well? This whole thing is ridiculous for her to even do this. Lisa, why are you doing this?

"Vanessa!" Alex screams in my ear but yet, I did not look at him.

He tried shaking my arm to get my attention, to annoy me, but it didn't work. It never works. It will never work when I'm thinking about Mark.

"Why?" I murmured. Alex faced me, I can see at the corner of my eye, "Why is he doing this?"

"Vanessa? Are you alright?" In a concerned tone, Alex asks me but I disregarded.

He got something from beside me and placed it in front of me. It was a cute teddy bear. Sure I liked it, he won it from a game. But, how can it help me? I looked at him in downcast. He gave me a weak smile and I just looked away.

Mark, please forgive me.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Mark's POV

The boredom was killing me. Julia and Anne were on the table again, which means they were talking with Lisa, which also means that I am actually being ignored. I tried to talk with their guys but whenever I try to, it ends up being awkward. I have no idea why.

I also thought that it would be a great opportunity to take a very good look at Lisa. She wasn't wearing any make-up, but she was naturally beautiful. She does have eyeliners which she wore perfectly. Her hair was very beautiful, the soft curls that rested below her shoulders. Her dress completed it all, it was a ball-gown like dress but more like a sun-dress type. It had long sleeves, just how she loves it. It was violet and white, her two favorite colors. It was just so perfect on her.

I looked away before she caught me staring at her. Julie and Anne were looking at me, with evil smiles on their faces.

"We need to talk." Julie says as she holds my arm and pulls me away.

I looked back to see the confused Lisa and the smirking Anne. I looked in front of me again, we were pushing through the crowds. I looked around then at the people, but I never knew she was just right there close to us, I saw Vanessa. She was just looking sadly somewhere while Alex tries to cheer her up. On the run, I did not take my eyes off her, but unexpectedly, she saw me.

"Mark!" She yelled and my eyes widened. I covered my face with one of my hands.

"Keep going!" I screamed at Julie and she ran faster.