Chapter 11- Confrontation w/ Alex

Alex's POV

I was left in pain on the floor. My face was all purple from the punches Mark hit me with. The blood from my nose won't stop dripping down. But what hurt me the most is the loss of trust with my cousin. I'm sorry but I love her.

Then, I remembered Vanessa. In agony, I tried lifting my face to check if she was still there. Vanessa was crying alone, on her knees. She was hurt and and very wretched... It hurts me more seeing her like that. I quickly stood up, running to her. The moment I came to her, I knelt down and held the back of Vanessa with one of my hands and got her attention.

"A-Alex, you-you're hurt?!" She yelled but I just hugged her. Her hands were still on the ground, not hugging me back. I don't need her to hug me back, I just need to hug her.

"Vanessa... I'm sorry" I said and she released our hug.

"Why... Alex... Why..." She started to utter and sob, but I looked at her demented..., "Why Alex... Why!" She screamed and I shushed her with a hug.

But she released our hug again, quickly and our eyes were noticing each other.

"What do you mean why? Vanessa?" I asked her and she started crying.

It was night already, she has been crying. Her eyes are so sore from all the weeping. But even though she was like that, she was still beautiful to me.

"Why did you come here!" She yelled at me standing up, persistently stomping her foot on the ground until it hurts.

I quickly stood up and held her knee to stop her from stomping. One hand held her shoulders. When she finally stopped, she sobbed and sobbed. Why is she like this? I released my hand from her knee, I slid it up until it reached her face so that I can wipe her tears away. But she swatted it and I looked at her.

"I hate you Alex!" She yelled and it saddened my heart.

"Vanessa--- A-are you ok?" I asked her.... She was too sad, maybe she's too sad that she said those four words. I can't believe them.

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" She constantly says those and I was panicking. She was relentlessly hitting my chest.

"Vanessa... Please" I pleaded her to stop because I can't keep seeing her like this, "Please, stop"

She looked at me. Not in sorrow. In anger. She gritted her teeth then the next thing I know... she slapped me.

"You had to come here in our private conversation, Alex! Mark and I's private conversation!" She yelled at me, putting her fingers deeply on my chest, "I was going to tell him my feelings!"

And that's when I felt my heart wounded, "You.... You have feelings for him?" I asked, it was hard for me to get those words out of my mouth.

"I'm sorry Alex," She avoided eye contact, "I don't want to be your valentine anymore" She pushed me.

When those words came out from her mouth... My heart was officially broken. I was hurt. I was in so much pain. My heart was slowly crumpling like a piece of paper, slowly trying to fit into one's fists.

"Vanessa... Don't do this to me... I'm sorry... I'm sorry, Vanessa" I fell on my knees and begged. I don't want to lose her. She is who I love after all, "Please, Vanessa!" I held her hands but she pushed me away.