Chapter 26: Kyla's Heartbreak

The Title Says It All.

Kyla's POV

I can't tell him. I can't tell Alex that I love him. If only he didn't love her then this would be a lot easier to tell him. But no, he loves her. Until now.

"Hey, Alex." We were walking together in the hallway, alone. I don't know how he ended up with me. Whatever I did, I am very proud of myself.

"Yeah?" He asks. Our footsteps are the only sounds that was making besides our voices.

"I- I want to tell you something." I say with all the strength my heart can give.

"What about?" That strikes me. How should I tell him. I can't just be so direct like 'I like you', it would startle him and make him uncomfortable.

"Umm..." I hum instead. Not now, not yet.

Running footsteps were another sound that was making in the hallway. Alex says 'stay back' and that's what I did while holding his hand. Whatever was coming it's making me real scared. There were two shadows just running from what I see on the wall. When they finally revealed themselves, Alex let out a laugh.

"Oh, we didn't know that you'd be here."  Lisa apologizes referring to herself and Mark.

"We were going to go somewhere." Mark says and Alex and I gave them smirks.

Lisa hits Mark on the arm, "You are just taking me to my room, Mark. We aren't going anywhere or anything." She rolls her eyes and Mark just smiles at her.

"Alex and I were just going to go back to the dorms, anyways." I tell them and Alex nods.

"Well, we're going ahead of you first," Mark starts to run and Lisa's eyes widen, "I'm getting that stuffed toy!" He screams and I laugh. What is he talking about?

"No, I am!" Then, Lisa starts running.

Alex and I just laugh at what just happened. Then after that, an uncomfortable silence comes between us. It's either we look down or glance at each other to avoid awkwardness or thoughts of being strained with each other.

Only Alex's ting of his phone broke the silence.

I look at him confusedly while he taps on his phone with his two thumbs. I try to tiptoe to see what was he doing but even while doing that doesn't work. I try to tip toe at the literally tips of my toes. I can see the white screen but I couldn't keep my balance longer. I can feel myself lean closer, oh wait no, I start falling. I scream and I was immediately caught by two arms.

I look up only to see Alex's very appalled face. I just smile in response.

"What were you trying to do?" He asks with a bit of disgust in his voice. My heart breaks when I notice it.

"Well I um.. I was trying to um..." I trail my eyes on the phone but he doesn't notice it.

He looks back on his phone, "If it wasn't for me, your pretty face would probably be ruined right now." He laughs while typing on his phone.

I think I should be offended by that. But pretty face? oh that made my heart flutter so much. I just watch him type on his phone instead while I'm left here all alone in my thoughts.

It wasn't long until Alex dropped his phone. 

I look at Alex who seemed to be heartbroken just by telling his face. I look at the phone and there was a video. For now, I ignored Alex and I picked up his phone. Once I see the photo of the video closer, Vanessa and Justin was seen.