Losing It and Other Things...

Emily

"Isabella, it's going to be alright..." I say, rubbing her back. It was nighttime and we had gone back to the dorm. Isabella had just finished calling Mel to see how he was doing.

...flashing back... "Isabella" 'Mel'

'Hello?'

"Hey. It's Izzy."

'Hey. How are you?'

"I'm better. How's the apartment?"

'It's fine. We have seperate rooms, but we have to share one phone.'

"Oh...Is everyone there?"

'Well...no. Wisteria went to Hell. Kronos is watching tv. Cole is reading a newspaper in his room. Simon locked himself in room. Helena just went into the kitchen.'

"Mel...I miss you."

'I do too Izzy. Make sure you take your pills. I have to go; Helena wants the phone. Bye.'

"Alright."

...moving forward...

"It's really dark out. We should get some sleep," I smile. Isabella nods, but doesn't move.

"Can I...sleep with you?" Iz mumbles quietly. I look at her and laugh.

"Sure Izzy."

We go into her room and she lays on the top bunk and I lay in the bottom where Mel used to be. It was silence for a couple of minutes and I thought Isabella was asleep, so I slowly closed my eyes to sleep too when her voice startles me.

"Are you still awake  Em?" Izzy whispers.

"Yeah. What's up?" I rub my eyes.

"I don't want to become head. Please... just beat me. I can't be here," Izzy mumbles. My eyes widen and I stare at the bottom of Izzy's bunk.

"What are you talking about Isabella?" I hiss.

"I can't be here. I can't use light right... I can barely go an day without getting a headache. I should be at a palace is England with my mum and my brothers. I should be modeling and helping my mother with Parliament."

"But if you didn't come here, you wouldn't have made all these friends and stuff," I smile.

"The only friend I have is you. And Mel of course. The other people don't really care all that much. Theresa hates my guts, Simon is ignoring me, and Dimitrius is just....lost."

"I'm dropping out Iz. Good night," was the last thing I told her before I turned over and fell asleep.

The next day while Isabella was still sleeping, Eclaire came and got me and took me to Nature and Time.

"Hello darling. How are you?" Nature smiles at me.

"Uh..I'm fine, I guess," I shrug. "What do you want?"

"You want to see your family correct? And you'd do anything to see them?" Nature says. Wait a minute...how did she know that? I thought our stuff was confedential!

"Yes, I would," I take a deep breath.

"Alright then doll. I can make that happen. Just after you answer one question," Nature looks at Time and he nods his head.

"What is that?" I tilt my head to the side.

"What is another word for 'the end'?" Nature asks. I blink... another word for...the end?