Irish Folk Tale

Irish Folk Tale

5

At 4 I wake up. I get dressed and head into town. Lara must be at the shop since I didn't hear anything. I hope she isn't mad for me shooting down her "vision".

As I on the gravel road I hear the snow crunching under my boot, but I hear someone else's. I turn around and see Alexander there smirking at me.

"What?" He asks a little too innocently.

"You were following me." I exclaim.

"Technically. We are headed to the same place." He catches up with me.

"How is it that we always seem to be going to the 'same place'?"

"Don't know-hey I have a great idea. I can be your tour guide and show you around the city." He nudges me.

"Why?"

"Cuz I like hanging out with you, your fun." He smiles.

"I'm fun?" I ask skeptically.

"Yeah. A real comedian." He chuckles a bit.

"Fine, show me around." I roll my eyes.

"Great! Lets head to the pub. Grab a bite." I just roll my eyes.

There is no way I'm getting out of this one. We walk into the bar and is fairly empty. Another one of the bartenders is there. I jump behind the bar and start making a drink.

"What are you making?" He looks at the ingredients.

"My friends back home always talked about this as their favorite drink." I mix the drinks.

"Do you know how to make it?" He scowls at the pink-ness of the drink.

"Yes. Shut up and drink." I push the drink in front of him.

"What's it called?" He takes a sip.

"Sex on the beach." He chokes on it a bit and some dribbles down his chin.

"A what on the what?" He wipes his mouth.

"Sex on the beach." I smirk.

"It's fruity." He gives me the drink back. "I'll stick to my pints."

We have fish and chips and then looking through the shops. The two of us stop by Lara's shop.

"Don't you think the name is very appropriate?" Alex asks me referring to Lara and her shop.

"You don't even know." I shake my head.

We push open the door and Lara's head turns our way.

"Hey you two!" She shouts and runs over to us.

"Hello." I wave and walk to the racks of clothes.

We walk to the aisle of close. This place isn't a boutique, it's a thrift shop.

"Oh My God! You have to try this on!" Alex laughs holding up the ugliest thing I have ever laid eyes on. A 1980's green prom dress frock. I laugh at it.

"Only if you try this on." I hold up an ugly Christmas sweater.

"Deal." We run to the dressing room both of us trying it on. We come out at the same time. Alex and I break into a fit of stomach hurting laughs.

"You look hideous!" I laugh.

"So you do, ugly stepsister!" He says and tugs at the puffy sleeves. We look into the mirror at ourselves and laugh even harder.

"This war is on." The two of us rush around the store trying to find the ugliest things ever.

At one point Alex tried on a wedding dress and I wore a prison suit. It frightens me to think how the suit got there.