29 Days of Letters

29 Days Of Letters

20

It's so dark. My hair is so dark. I think those extra ten minutes made it really dark. That night when I was cooking dinner Jace didn't recognize me again. He thought someone else broke into his house just to cook.

29 letters, I have reviewed 29 letters so far. One for every day.

Each one is more special then the one before. Trevor hand writes each one with his amazing signature at the bottom of the page. I've gotten so bad about this papers that every day at 3:30 I rush to the mailbox. Sometimes I'm waiting by the mailbox and the mailman just hands me the letter.

I'm making dinner for Jace and I. Jace walks in the front door in his suit, looks. I have to say he looks good, but I still see a brother when I look at him. We sit down to dinner and the doorbell rings.

I'll get it. I set down my fork and go to the front door.

I open the door and my eyes widen. I kinda scream. Then I start laughing. Trevor is at my door, in Portland, at my house. I jump, hug him and he holds me tight to him. I never realized how strong he was. Trevor still holds me in his arms when I place my hands on both sides of his faces. I lean in and kiss him. It feels like everything has just fallen into place again. I hear someone clear their throat behind me. Jace.

Trevor sets me down and I smile up at him before I turn to Jace.

"Uhm. Nova, care to explain?" Jace looks at me suspiciously. 

"Jace, this is Trevor. Trevor, this is my best friend, Jace." I step out of the way.

"Hi nice to meet you." Trevor extends his hand for Jace to shake. Jace rolls his eyes.

"Yeah ok." Jace walks away. I shut the door behind me and Trevor and I sit on the porch swings.

He sits down and takes my hand.

"You look good." I check out his suit. No piercings or gages. No trace of a snap back. He is in a great looking grey suit.

"Thanks. Comes with the title." He smiles. "You're hair."

"Yeah. It's dark. My dad almost saw me, so I panicked." I say. 

"I have missed you." He pulls me closer to him. I rest my head on his shoulder and he kisses my head. "I missed that smell."

"Smell?" I sit up.

"You always smell like Mangos." He smiles. 

"That's what Alex said too." I reached up and peck his lips.

"Why are you here? I mean I'm glad you're here, but , yeah?" I laugh.

"I have a week off and I had to see you." He kisses my cheek.

"You had to see me?" I smile. "So I read something in those letters something with an L word?"

He blushes. Oh I love it when he blushes.

"I love you." I smile and kiss his cheek.

"I love you too. How did I fall in love with you so fast?" He looks at me seriously.

"Oh probably my charming personality." I smirk.

"No, that's not it." He shakes his head. I scoff and hit his arm. "Ok it my be your charming personality, but also your beauty and your heart." I sit up a little. I lean forward. Trevor looks down at my lips and then back into my eyes. His hand traces small circles into my cheek. I close the space between us and kiss him. My eyes are closed but my heart is wide open. My heart is beating so fast. I tangle my fingers in his hair. It's not possible but Trevor pulls me closer to his body.