Trevor's Encounter

Trevor's Encounter

22

"Please come in." I say to the man at the door, who instantly recognize as Nova's father.

"Oh thank you." He says. He takes off his hat and steps inside. "Dan Clarke."

"Trevor Wilson, you're Nova's father right?" I question. We are standing in the front foyer.

"You know who I am?" He questions.

"Yes sir. Your daughter has told me about you." I smile. Be polite Trevor.

"You know Nova?"We both sit down in the living room.

"I am Nova's boyfriend." I smile.

"Boyfriend?" He gasps. His face returns red and his hands clench at his sides.

"Yes sir. For a little bit now." I nod.

"Is Nova here? I need to speak with her. " He stands up and moves around.

"Sorry sir, she is not." I stand up next to him.

"She needs to come back home and I'm taking her with me. " He says seriously and he sits back down.

"Sir, she doesn't need to do anything." He looks taken aback. "Your daughter is 20 years old now. "

"I know that." He stands up and looks upset. I keep my cool and stay seated.

"I'm sure she has told you everything wrong I did!" He yells. "It's all a lie. I am not bipolar and I don't have an anger issue!" He yells.

"She doesn't talk about you much." I say solemnly. My cell rings. I answer it. "Excuse me. Hello?"

"What the hell are you doing down there?" Nova hisses into the phone.

"Hello Mr. Nicholas. No, I am in a meeting." I try and cover up.

"Mr. Nicholas?! What the hell! Trevor get your ass up here!" Nova yells into the phone.

"I apologize Mr. Nicholas, I have to go."

"I hate you." I smirk.

"Yes. Sir thank you." I close the phone. "Sorry business." I say to her father.

"So you're dating my daughter?" He looks up at me.

"Yes sir." I nod.

"What do you do? Work at the gas station up the road." He smirks.

"No sir. Haven't done that since I was 15. I actually am the CEO for 5 different business all over the world." I correct him.

"They let your kind work there?" He snarls.

"My kind? " I step back.

"You know. Drifter. Punk." He points to my lip ring. This man is testing my patience. Now I really see what Nova always talked about.

"Sir, the only reason I let you inside was to talk with you." I count to 10 in my head.

"About?" He sits back down.

"You need to leave Nova alone. Like for good. She no longer wants you around and I don't like you either. She has told me everything and after meeting you today I believe her. So much more then I did before. I plan on being with you daughter for a very long time and I don't want you in our life's either." I say very calm but my voice is strong and confident.

"She's only 20!" He yells.

"I realize that. But I can take care of her more then you ever could." I stand up. I tower over the pathetic excuse of a man. "So get the hell out of this house!" I point towards the door. He doesn't say anything just slowly walks to the front door. He looks back at me and I hold my ground.

The door slams and Nova runs down the stairs faster than a speeding bullet. She wraps her arms around my torso.

"I can't believe you said that." She sniffles. I hold her at arms length and dry her stray tears.

"You were listening?" I smirk.

She scoffs. "Of course. But thank you." She raises and her toes and gives me a soft kiss on the lips.