What's Wrong Buttercup?

11

Alex pulls her off of him, "Leigh."

"Alexander, what's wrong?" She looks distressed.

"Leigh, this is my girlfriend, Nova." He points to me. She slowly turns to me. Her eyes widen and she turns red.

"Oh my God. oh my God!" She runs from behind the counter and grabs her jacket, running out of the pub. Tears are steaming down her face. "Oh my God." She yells one last time.

I'm still standing there shocked. My eyes are widening and I'm screaming on the inside. I freaking talked her into kissing him. Of course I didn't know she was talking about him. Alex was in love with his best friend. My head hurts now.

I look over at Alex who is still frozen and looks as confused as I do.

"Nova, listen to me. I don't love her, I love you. I'm over her." He walks closer to me and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"But you did lie to me. You said you didn't feel anything towards her. Why did you lie?" I look up at him.

"I don't know. And when it was out there I couldn't take it back. I'm sorry." He wraps his arms around me.

"I'm gonna take my break." I grab my things and go for a walk. I stop and sit in Lara's from yard on her porch swing.

"What's wrong, buttercup?" I look up and see Trevor standing there smiling at me. I roll my eyes and try to ignore him. He sits next to me. "Hey, seriously. What's up?"

"Annaleigh just showed up at the bar, told Alex she loved him and then kissed him." I say with no emotion.

"You're kidding?"He snickers.

I glare at him. "Ok guess not. So what are you gonna do?"

"Well he says he doesn't love her. But he kissed her back and I saw the way he looked at her. Like all the feelings came back." I stare ahead, I'm zoning out and I don't even care.

/-:-:-::/--

That night Alex, Trevor and I are all watching a movie. Alex is zoned out and keeps checking his phone. Every time he receives a text he smiles like a school girl in love. Trevor gives me this knowing look when he gets up to go to the kitchen.

"Are you ok?" I ask, "Alex. Alex? Alex?"

"What?" He looks up at me.

"are you ok?" I repeat the question.

"Yeah why?" He nods and puts his phone away.

"You've been acting weird."

"No I haven't." He shakes his head.

"Alex-"His phone rings.

"Hello?" He grins. "Yeah. I'll see you in a second." He hangs up and puts on his shoes.

"Where are you going?" I ask. Is he gonna tell me what's going on?

"Uh. To see someone." He shakes his head.

"Who? Anna?" I question. He looks up.

"Yeah. So?" That got his attention.

"Alex." He rolls his eyes.

"She's my best friend. Calm down." He walks out and shuts the door. Trevor walks in the living room with a bag of chips.

"Let me guess he left to see the red headed devil?" He smirks.

"Yep." I nod.

"Jealous?" Trevor sits on the couch.

"A bit. But he did used to be in love with her and now she comes back feeling the same way. And I'm just forgotten about." I slump farther into the couch. He sits down me next to me.