Please Remember

Please Remember.

17

Argentina. Holy crap, I'm in South America. Our flight had a layover in Toykyo, which was so amazing as well. I sleep all the way on both flights. From Japan to Argentina I woke up with my head on Trevor's shoulder and he was asleep leaning on my head too.

Action speak louder then words. Ok nevermind, maybe not for him.

When we went to our hotel in Argentina he went into the bathroom mumbling something about a shower. I changed really fast then ran down to the concierge desk.

Once I found out where the convetent was I walked there. I didn't want Trevor to follow me, I have to do this by myself. All the thoughts that kept pressing in the back of my head like What if she doesn't want to see me? Or what is she forgot me.

Stop Nova.

I make it up the hill of the convent. The grounds are filled with beautiful trees with blossoms on them. I come to a metal gate that is intricately designed. I see a woman walking back.

"Hola! Senora!" I call. She turns her head and walks to me.

"Hola." She smiles.

"Me llamo es Nova Clarke-um-Es.." I stutter.

"I speak English." She smiles.

"Oh thank God. I mean goodness! Sorry." I reply sheepishly.

"How may I help you, señorita?" She smiles.

"My mother, I was told she went here maybe 5 years ago? Megan Clarke." She nods her head.

"Si, your madre is here." My heart leaps. I cling to the metal gate that separates us.

"Can I see her? Por favor?" My hands wrap tighter around the gate.

She sighs, "Your madre is- I don't know if that would be wise." She shakes her head. 

"Please. I haven't seen her in 5 years. And I just traveled all the way from India in hopes of seeing her. Please Sister." She steps back contemplating the situation and I release my hands from the gate. The sister pulls out a key from under her dress and unlocks the gate.

"Follow me." I smile to my self and thank God for this. "Your mother has been with us as long as you say. We do know about her illness."

"Has she gotten worse?" I look over at the sister.

"I don't know how bad she was in the beginning." We stop walking in front of a wooden door.

"What's your name?" I ask her.

"I am Sister Rosalina." She says with her beautiful accent.

"Hi I'm nova." I smile.

"Good luck." Sister Rosa turns and walk away down the hall. Before she turns she points to the door. I take a deep breathe and knock. I push open the door and my breathe catches in my throat. My mother is sitting on the bed facing the window. She is brushing her hair. She turns and sees me and smiles. She remembers.

"Hi." I smile.

"Oh hello. How are you?" She twist on her bed to face me.

"I'm great. How are you?" I walk closer to her.

"Not bad. Is it time for my nap? I'm exhausted." She yawns. I can't help myself, I wrap my arms around her and hug her. She pushes me off. "What do you think you're doing!" This causes me to stumble back.

"Mom, I'm just hugging you." I laugh.

"Mom? I'm not your mother. I don't have kids." She rolls her eyes. 

"But momma." I step closer.

"Please back up you are frightening me. " She stands up.

"Mom, it's me, Nova. Your daughter, you left when I was 14. I'm 19 now." I try and reason with her. 

"I'm tired and I'm going to bed. You better leave or I will scream." She looks at me.

"Mom, you have to remember me." I strech out my hand.

"Leave!" Tears prick at my eyes. She looks to the window. I walk to her door and open the wooden door. It creaks and she turns to me with a smile on her face. "Oh hello. How are you?" She smiles.

"I'm fine." I quietly walk out the door. My eyes are stinging from holding back the tears. I finally let a few tears fall. I cover my mouth from the ragged breathing.

I have to get out of here. I take off running. Sister Rosalinda shouts at me to stop. I keep running, the tears are falling from my face. I push open the large gate and run down the hill. Once I'm in the city I look around to see where I need to go. I take off again.

I run into someone. I pull away but they pull me back. I slowly look up and it's Trevor holding me. I loose it again. He wraps his arms around me tighter and whispers sweet things to me. Trevor rubs small circles in my back. I'm shaking I am crying so hard. My tears are probably soaking his shirt.

Somehow we make it back to the hotel. He holds his arm around me the hold time. There is only a queen sized bed so I lay down. He takes off his jacket and I see the tears marks. Trevor lays beside me and wraps his arms around me.

"Don't you have plans or something?" I sniffle. I can barely see through my tear filled eyes.

"Yeah but you're more important." He pulls me to him and I clutch his shirt. After the tears I start hiccuping. I look up into his blue eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I lean up and kiss him. He kisses me back but he pulls away.

"I can't do this." He says.

"Why not?" I look at him. 

"Because you're vulnerable and I'm not gonna take advantage of you." He shakes his head. Aw, he cares about me. 

"You're not." I kiss him again and he pulls away.

"Nova. You don't know how bad I want to kiss you, but you're all snotty and have teary eyes." He weakily smiles. 

"I'm so embarrassed." I burry my face in his shirt. I sit up and yawn. "I think I'm going to go home."

"Home? We just got here." He sits up next to me. 

"I know and I'm sorry." I look at him. I grab my shoes and hat and put those on.

"I'll take you to the airport." His cell rings. He answers it. He excuses himself for about 20 minutes.

When he comes back in the room he grabs his back pack too. "Family emergency." He says simply. He doesn't go on, so I leave it alone. Trevor helps me with my bags and takes us the airport.

We make it past security; different tickets in hand. Trevor has to go to the left for his terminal and I go to the right. He takes my hand in his and pulls me closer to his chest. With his other hand he wraps his other arm around my waist.

"I don't know when I'll be free but I'll call you." I nod. "I'm coming back for you."

I slowly look up into his teal eyes. They glisten in the bright lights of the airport. Trevor leans forward and kisses me. His lips on mine is one of the best feelings ever. Heart stopping. Feet stomping. Butterflies are going crazy in my stomach. Head spinning. World shattering. All this from one kiss. Why didn't I kiss him sooner? Well I did kiss him at the hotel, but that was filled with snot and hot tears.

Airports do see more sincere kisses than wedding halls.

"Flight 653 now boarding." I pull away.

"That's me." He pecks my lips and hugs me. "Bye."

"Bye." We both walk our seperate ways to our terminals. My lips are throbbing and are probably bright red. Lovely.