Excalibur and Dragons

The Excalibur is a legendary weapon with special magic. The story follows King Arthur who has many legends of his own. The Excalibur was the wondrous sword of Arthur. Though, this sword had appeared in Geoffrey of Monmouth's work, called it Caliburn, as the fabled sword that was a gift from Avalon, it wasn't until in the later legend that Excalibur was a sword given to him by the Lady of the Lake. She calls the sword "Excalibur, that is as to say as Cut-steel." Excalibur or Caliburn is the legendary sword of King Arthur, sometimes attributed with magical powers or associated with the rightful sovereignty of Great Britain. Sometimes Excalibur and the Sword in the Stone (the proof of Arthur's lineage) are said to be the same weapon, but in most versions they are considered separate. The sword was associated with the Arthurian legend very early. In Welsh, the sword is called Caledfwlch; in Cornish, the sword is called Calesvol; in Breton, the sword is called Kaledvoulc'h; in Latin, the sword is called Caliburnus. In many versions, Excalibur's blade was engraved with phrases on opposite sides: "Take me up" and "Cast me away" (or similar). In addition, when Excalibur was first drawn, in the first battle testing Arthur's sovereignty, its blade blinded his enemies. Thomas Malory writes: "thenne he drewe his swerd Excalibur, but it was so breyght in his enemyes eyen that it gaf light lyke thirty torchys." Others were said to wield or have seen the blade. Then they heard Cadwr Earl of Cornwall being summoned, and saw him rise with Arthur's sword in his hand, with a design of two chimeras on the golden hilt; when the sword was unsheathed what was seen from the mouths of the two chimeras was like two flames of fire, so dreadful that it was not easy for anyone to look. At that the host settled and the commotion subsided, and the earl returned to his tent. Excalibur's scabbard was said to have powers of its own. Loss of blood from injuries, for example, would not kill the bearer. In some tellings, wounds received by one wearing the scabbard did not bleed at all. The scabbard is stolen by Morgan le Fay in revenge for the death of her beloved Accolon and thrown into a lake, never to be found again. In my legend the Excalibur after being placed into stone sat there for centuries and every decade it would send a piece of it self to the core of our planet then out ward to find the strongest material natural or otherwise. It would proceed to the become that material. The year Heiro found it it was made of carbyne(In terms of mechanical properties its tensile strength, or its ability to withstand stretching, is double that of graphene. Carbyne is also twice as stiff as graphene and three times as stiff as diamonds and, interestingly, carbyne's torsional stiffness can be modified by attaching appropriate molecules at the end of each carbon chain.) in the right environments his sword gets sharper and tougher. It has elemental powers. It's default powers due to being made of Carbyne is and explosion at the tip of, or edges of the blade. It can use many other elemental magic but due to Heiro lack of knowledge of the blade and average mystic energy for a legendary weapon user he doesn't use other abilities. The blade also  can bring people back to life. The Excalibur was being moved around by a dragon that got windigos to protect the blade. But Heiro and his friends found it. The blade has a soul connection to the dragon and its child dragon and so does Heiro. Heiro's connection is so strong he can merge with the beast. Heiro doesn't real use the scabbards' powers. Heiro is in experienced making him weaker then Tizerk in that category but stronger in the others. The Excalibur also has the ability to change its form most recently in the fight against Zar, Heiro turned it into gauntlets and into a dagger. A dragon is a legendary creature, typically with serpentine or reptilian traits, that features in the myths of many cultures. There are two distinct cultural traditions of dragons: the European dragon, derived from European folk traditions and ultimately related to Greek and Middle Eastern mythologies, and the Chinese dragon, with counterparts in Japan (namely the Japanese dragon), Korea and other East Asian countries.
The two traditions may have evolved separately, but have influenced each other to a certain extent, particularly with the cross-cultural contact of recent centuries. The English word dragon derives from Greek (drákōn), "dragon, serpent of huge size, water-snake". A dragon is a mythological representation of a reptile. In antiquity, dragons were mostly envisaged as serpents, but since the Middle Ages, it has become common to depict them with legs, resembling a lizard.
Dragons are usually shown in modern times with a body like a huge lizard, or a snake with two pairs of lizard-type legs, and able to emit fire from their mouths. The European dragon has bat-like wings growing from its back. A dragon-like creature with wings but only a single pair of legs is known as a wyvern. In Ancient Greece the first mention of a "dragon" is derived from the Iliad where Agamemnon is described as having a blue dragon motif on his sword belt and an emblem of a three-headed dragon on his breast plate. However, the Greek word used (δράκων drákōn, genitive δράκοντοϛ drákontos) could also mean "snake".
In 217 AD, Flavius Philostratus (Greek: Φλάβιος Φιλόστρατος) discussed dragons (δράκων, drákōn) in India in The Life of Apollonius of Tyana (II,17 and III,6–8). The Loeb Classical Library translation (by F.C. Conybeare) mentions (III,7) that "In most respects the tusks resemble the largest swine's, but they are slighter in build and twisted, and have a point as unabraded as sharks' teeth."
According to a collection of books by Claudius Aelianus (Greek: Κλαύδιος Αἰλιανός)called On Animals, Ethiopia was inhabited by a species of dragon that hunted elephants. It could grow to a length of 180 feet (55 m) and had a lifespan rivaling that of the most enduring of animals. Aka they live for more then 400 years. Dragons are truly magnificent creatures. Dragons are smart and have been said to teach humans how to speak and are know for playing tricks on people. Dragons in my book can be depicted as having skin that puts steel to shame. European dragons are usually depicted as malevolent under Christianity; pre-Christian dragons, such as Y Ddraig Goch, the Red Dragon of Wales, are seen as benevolent. Banners of the Late Roman Empire, frequently figured Dragons, possibly due to the fact that Marcus Aurelius took over 8,000 Sarmatian soldiers into the Roman army, for whom the Dragon was a part of their military insignia. The double-headed dragon banner thus came to represent the division between Western and Eastern Roman Empires. It has been suggested that the Welsh legendary name Pendragon came from the word "head of the dragons", the name of the commander of the Sarmatians situated in sub-Roman Ribchester. Pagan sacred sites and springs, supposedly associated with Dragons, were often later associated with churches of Saint Michael or Saint George. Legends say Dragons have a major part in religions and in our history. Wether it's demon form hell to leaders of armies. Dragons are amazing. While Excalibur is the finest sword ever crafted by the blacksmith Tom, father of Guinevere, and burnished in the breath of The Great Dragon at the request of Merlin. It has the power to slay anything, mortal or magical, living or dead. It was originally forged for Arthur Pendragon, and Kilgharrah warned that it could do great evil in the wrong hands. One day, Arthur lost his pride so Merlin took him to the stone and he pulled the Excalibur out. When Merlin seeks a weapon that can kill Tristan de Bois, Ygraine's brother and a wraith, he goes to Geoffrey of Monmouth to get information on how to kill a dead person. Geoffrey reads from the Chronicles of Beltane, which tells of "the sword begotten in the dragon's breath, and found it passing good." It is odd that he wasn't surprised when Merlin told him he was looking for a weapon that can kill the dead, as making such a weapon would require magic, unless the librarian was much like Uther who didn't believe in myth. After that, Merlin asks Gwen for the best sword that her father has, and she privately gives him a weapon that her father has created. He then takes it to the Dragon to have the sword imbued with power. Even dragons have a part in one of the Excalibur's plays.
Freya gives Excalibur to Merlin.
After accidentally destroying the Avalon vial given to him by The Fisher King, Merlin is able to contact Freya, whose image can be seen in the water. She informs him that only Excalibur could destroy Morgause's immortal army. Merlin then travelled to the Lake of Avalon where Freya gave him the sword. He used the sword to kill several soldiers and to finally slash the Cup of Life from its stand, causing the blood in it to spill and the immortal army to be destroyed. As the Dragon told Merlin that the sword must not be allowed to fall into the wrong hands and asked him to place it where no one would wield it, Merlin used his magic to thrust the Excalibur into a large stone. Only Arthur is able to pull the sword out, him being destined to be greatest king of Albion (The Coming of Arthur).
Merlin - The Sword in the Stone
Merlin puts the sword in the stone. Following Morgana's second conquest of Camelot, and Tristan's negative views on nobles, Arthur had lost the will to continue and had come to the conclusion he didn't deserve to be king. Following advice from the Great Dragon, Merlin got all the survivors together, and led Arthur to the stone which he had put the sword into. Along the way, he told Arthur the story of his ancestor, the first King of Camelot, and then added his own bit: when the king had died, he thrust his sword into the stone so that if his lineage was ever questioned, only his heir could remove it. After some prompting, Arthur tried to remove it but failed at first. Then Merlin told him had to believe that he was destined to be the greatest King ever. On his final try, now sure that Arthur did believe in himself, Merlin unfused the sword and it came out to Arthur. This was witnessed by the survivors from Camelot who has surrounded the clearing. He then used it during the Second Battle of Camelot, and killed dozens of enemies (The Sword in the Stone). Other abilities included Excalibur has the power to kill anything, mortal or magical, living or undead, and it gives those who wield it amazing fighting skills. However it does not guarantee victory against superior swordsmen as was evident in the outcome of the battle between Arthur Pendragon and Helios during Arthur's second liberation of Camelot. For it's fatal power to work it must wound the enemy. So this gives Heiro the dispel technique and also gives Heiro his professional like swordsman skills that he uses from time to time, but he isn't unbeatable in sword duels he was in fact bested by Zar. The full power of the blade depends on the user's soul. Also the Excalibur has a soul connection to Heiro so as long as either one is alive or useable then the other can't actually die. So the Excalibur and dragons are great but it's up to Heiro if they reach their full potential and if Heiro Fire Nightmare lets him self reach his full potential, then we would have the best sword wielder. He just needs to practice and make his own sword style then he'll be ok. Excalibur nova explosion!