Rivals

A/N: When there is an *___* word, that is an action. BTW: I do not own the artwork.

Aphmau PoV:

It's been about three months since Nicole and Laurence got together. Garroth and Zoey got together around that time as well. I am happy that they got over me, and found new loves. Since then, I've gotten a job at a maid cafe with Kawaii~Chan. I've also started hanging out with Aaron again. Today, I had to work, so Zane decided to come at lunch to keep me company on my lunch break. So far, there is only one thing I wonder about this maid cafe; WHY THE NETHER DID THEY HIRE MICHI AGAIN?! Ugh. At the moment, I'm wiping down a table, when I feel someone's hand on my shoulder. I whip my head around, only to see Zane, smiling at me.

"Zane! You came earlier than I expected!" I exclaim, smiling and giving him a quick hug.

He replies, "Well, I wanted to see my Princess."

"Well, shall we get lunch then, Prince Charming?" I ask.

He smiles, and says, "Sure."

Since it's my lunch break, I go to change into normal clothes while Zane chooses a table. As fast as I can, I change into my galaxy sweater, matching converse, and black shorts. Grinning, I walk out of the changing rooms, only to see a sight that made my blood boil. Michi was leaning against the table that Zane was at, in a position that would make most men blush or swoon over her, and she was smiling, seductively. Being the amazing boyfriend he is, Zane looked awkward, and attempted to move away from Michi. Swift and full of fury, I storm over to the table.

"Michi just wants to offer you her services. How about a cup of tea, Hot Stuff? It comes with a free kiss~" Michi flirted, attempting to sound hot.

Instead, I just tap her shoulder, and cross my arms. Michi turns to me, and says, "Oh! Aphmau, what do you need? Because if it's nothing then I'm going to go back to flirting."

"No, you aren't. You are going to stop flirting with my boyfriend, and you are going to go 'offer your services' to another table," I said, sitting next to Zane, and clinging onto his arm.

Instead of whatever Michi expected, Zane draped an arm around my shoulders, and kissed my temple. Michi just gets an evil smirk, and saunters away. Then, Kawaii~Chan comes up to us as our waitress. Zane and I get green tea and chocolate cupcakes. While we eat, we decide to talk.

"So, how's your job been going?" Zane inquired.

I reply, "Well, it's been doing good! Boys know not to whistle at me or else I punch them in the face. The only bad thing is Michi being hired again. Seriously?! They only hired her as eye candy! She's terrible at serving tables, she's terrible at cleaning, she's rude, she's terrible at making sweets, and she has the nerve to try to molest the customers!"

"Yeah, she seems like all those things. Ugh. She's disgusting," Zane commented before taking a sip of his tea.

Just to be sure, I ask, "Um....Zane...is Michi prettier than me?"

At this, Zane spits his tea back into his cup in shock. After looking at me, he laughs. Oh dear....is he going to say 'yes'?

"Angel Cake, I don't find her remotely attractive. You are the only beauty in my eyes. I love you, and only you. Even if she tries to tempt me, that will just make her all the more unattractive. Aphmau, you are more beautiful than anything in the world. Why do you think you aren't?" he explains, then inquires while taking both my hands in his own as he gives me a serious, comforting tone.

Should I tell him? Yeah, I should. Looking away, I answer, "Well...when we were freshmen, I was beginning to be friends with Garroth. I was deathly shy, so I stuttered a lot around him and several others. And....Ivy bullied and threatened me, saying that if I talk to Garroth, then I would suffer. All because she liked Garroth. And....well.....she called me a short potato all the time. Even though I didn't really act like it....it stung."

"To be honest, I don't see how it's a good insult. For one; you don't look like a potato. Two; even if you did, potatoes are awesome and delicious. For three; I think your height makes you adorable. She was just jealous. Aphmau, you are beautiful," Zane rants, looking at me in the eyes with compassion and understanding, as well as annoyance at the fact that anyone would dare to insult me.

I smile, and we both continue to eat our lunch. Then, I go back to work.

~Time Skip to AARON'S HOUZ~

Zane told me that he had to prepare something at his house, so I went over to Aaron's house since Kawaii~Chan and Katelyn were working still. Quickly, I texted Zane to pick me up there when he was ready for me. Aaron and I are just watching Frozen in the living room. Unfortunately, I had to force him to watch it with me. Eh. Suddenly, a commercial for black hair dye came on.

"Find your perfect raven-color," the woman on TV said.

Aaron said, "I already have."

"Whoa, dude. Was that a freaking pick-up line?" I ask.

Awkwardly, he stuttered, "M-Maybe...."

"Um...I thought I told you this, but I've been an official couple with Zane for eight months now," I say, scooting away from Aaron.

Even more awkward, he said, "Oh....uh...I thought you were joking...."

"No. I was dead serious," I respond, staring back at the TV screen awkwardly.

After, like, five minutes of silence, the doorbell rings. FINALLY! ZANE; SAVE MEH BBY! Quickly, I jump up, grab my phone, and dash to the door, saying 'Bye' hurriedly over my back. Then, as fast as I could, I open the door and shut it.

Taking a deep breath, I clutch Zane's hand, and say, "Let's go home."

"What happened? What are you not telling me?" Zane asks, sternly.

I look at him, and tell him honestly, "Aaron used a pick-up line on me. Apparently he thought I was joking when I told him that we had been a couple for a while."

"Grrrrr.....*sigh*. I get that. Not too many people would believe that we're official," Zane growled, resigned.

When we start walking to his house, I just begin to piece things together. He had this free hand in a tight fist, and is squeezing my hand gently. His eyebrows are furrowed, and he has a small frown on his face as well as a rigid posture. Zane's jealous. Swiftly, I stop us both. Then, I give my confused Zane a quick, chaste yet meaningful kiss on the lips. When I pull away, he's blushing.

"W-What was that for?" Zane asks.

I answer, getting us walking again, "That was to let you know that there is no need to be jealous. To be honest, you have too many tells. Seriously, you are almost as bad as me."

"Heh. Yeah, I guess I am," Zane says, smiling.

~Time Skip to ZANE'S HOUZ~

As I enter the house, Zane covers my eyes with one hand, guiding me with the other. Then, his hand removes itself from my face. In front of me, I see that his living room is set up in a candlelit picnic style. He moved his coffee table, laid out a fancy meal, and even brought my ponies over along with his ponies so we can play with them. YAAS. Immediately, I whip around, and give him a kiss, then proceed to the fud. He made my favorite; chicken parmesan, chocolate covered strawberries, and TEH BREADSTICKS. Occasionally, Zane feeds me strawberries. After we eat, we just play with the ponies, and have fun until I have to head home. Well, I know my rival; Michi. And I know who Zane's rival will be in his mind; Aaron.