This Is Love

Garroth PoV:

I have a bouquet of white tulips in my hand behind my back, as well as my motive in the front of my mind. Now I only have to....not stutter....don't mess up my words....try to be suave....and don't screw this up.....and not come across as pushy, desperate, or a player. Irene this is going to be hard. I always screw it up in one way or the other. Nervously, I rang Zoey's door bell. In a few seconds, a vision of natural beauty opened the door. Zoey stood there, her hair down in its usual style, her aqua eyes gleaming, and wearing a cream blouse paired with forest green leggings. Her pale skin looked soft, and her pale blonde hair shone in the late morning sunlight. My face erupts into flame. Good going, me, just one look and you're blushing. Well....just do it, Garroth. Just do it. (Shia Labeouf: JUST DO IT! Dj: SHUT UP, LABEOUF!)

Zoey PoV:

I was reading Lost With The Breeze when I heard the doorbell ring. Pulling myself off of the sofa, I answer the door. What I am greeted with pleases me. Garroth is standing there in a black tee shirt, blue hoodie, jeans and blue vans. One arm was behind his back, and his cheeks were a bright red once he saw me. He can't really.....maybe? It would be magical if he did like me, but....he is probably just hot wearing his hoodie. It is a considerably warm day for May.

"Garroth! It's good to see you! Come in," I say.

He stutters back, "T-Thank you. G-Good to see y-you too."

I lead him in, and he shuts the door behind him, never revealing the thing behind his back. Hm...I wonder what it could be. I walk to the kitchen and make some tea, just like the first time he came over to my house, just like every time he comes over to my house. Giggling a little, I remember Garroth and my routine for hanging out. We usually hang out at my house, because the one time Garroth brought me over to his house, his roommate Travis tried to make a move on me. That was very uncomfortable. So we just hang out here. Our routine is this: I serve tea, we talk about what's going on, then we do something like go to the park or practice magicks spells or sketch stuff in my back yard or garden. Then he sadly goes home. But today seems....different. Garroth is never this nervous around me. Since I helped him move on after he confirmed that Aph and Zane were a happy couple, things have just been relaxed between us. We both feel free to just be ourselves, and not act way overly civilized like businessmen. When I get to the living room, I see that Garroth is sitting on the edge of the seat, and the thing is no longer behind his back, yet it is still out of sight. He keeps glancing at the other side of the armrest, telling me that he has stashed it there, for now. If he has not told me or showed me what it was, yet, then I am a little concerned since he doesn't hide things from me.

Handing him the tea, I ask, "Garroth, what's going on? You are acting extremely nervous, and I know that you are hiding something. Please, if you have anything to tell me, I won't judge. You are my best friend, and I am here for you."

Garroth PoV:

Darnit, Zoey! Why do you have to be so freaking adorable and understanding?! A deeper blush rises to my face, and I just decide to get it over with. Reaching over the armrest, I pull out the bouquet of tulips. After glancing once at Zoey's startled expression, I look away, my blush deepening.

"U-Uh.....Z-Zoey, w-would y-you l-like to g-go on a d-date with m-me? I-If you w-want...." I stutter. Good going me. She'll never accept that.

Suddenly, I feel gentle arms wrap around my midsection. Looking down, Zoey's blond hair is pulled behind her ears, and her face is buried in my chest. Upon further inspection, I see that she has a pink tinge on her cheeks, and that she is smiling into my chest. Without further hesitation, I encircle her shoulders with my arms, pulling her gently closer to me. I stroke her silky hair while burying my face in it. She smells like tea and wildflowers. 

Zoey whispers into my shirt, "I would love to."

This is love.

Zoey PoV:

Without thinking, I pull Garroth into a gentle hug, burying my face in his shirt. I can feel his muscles through the shirt, and I can make out a delightful smell. Kinda like....cinnamon and clover. Delightful. Pink must be tinging my cheeks, because it feels like they're burning. Strong arms wrap around my shoulders, pulling me closer to Garroth. He's...hugging me back. He's hugging me back. He's hugging me back! Garroth strokes my hair, and I can feel his face buried in it as well.

"I would love to," I  whisper in response to his question.

This is love.