Light Heals the Dark

He lay down in bed, coughing and sneezing. Zane had said that he would meet his amazing girlfriend at her house, but he was just too sick. They had been together since Valentine's day, so that would make it three months, since it was May. The sick boy had no idea how he had gotten the flu, but he just did. Nothing he could do about that, except make an effort to get better for the love of his life. Suddenly, he realized that Aph would be waiting, so he should text her.

Zane: Hey, beautiful. I'm sorry, but I can't make it.

Aphmau: Why? What's wrong?

Zane: I'm sick. Nasty random flu. I will meet up with you as soon as I am better.

Aphmau: You're sick? That's awful. I will be over right away with some soup and medicine.

Zane: No! That's not necessary! I don't want you to get sick too!

Aphmau: I am coming over to take care of my boyfriend, and there is nothing he (you) can do about it.

Zane: Ugh. Fine. See you soon, love.

Aphmau: See ya soon.

His girlfriend. His stubborn, feisty, sassy, kind, smart, independent, irresistible (in his eyes) girlfriend. He love her. No matter what, she will come through for you, even if you don't want her to. She just cares about those she loves, and there is nothing that he wouldn't do for her. But now it was her who was doing something for him. Zane, although he was worried for Aphmau, was happy that she was coming, because if he was to be totally honest, the prospect of sitting home alone after getting used to company and love was not appealing. He also thought that he should wait down stairs, so, clad in black pajama pants, a Pinky Cake shirt, gray robe and slippers, he carried a black blanket downstairs and sat on the couch. Just as he sat down the door bell rang. Aphmau couldn't be here already! Zane got up, and opened the door to see his Aphmau, her hair down, wearing a black leather jacket over a purple off-the-shoulder long sleeve, and gray skinny jeans paired with purple converse. A large paper grocery back hung from her arm, and she had a concerned look on her face.

'Zane doesn't look good,' Aphmau thought. Zane looked like normal, and in his pajamas, except for the fact that his eyes looked tired, he looked paler than he usually is, and his hair was matted down. It is a good thing that she came over fast. Thinking that her boyfriend needed her badly, she had stuffed a container of chicken, some carrots, celery, chicken broth, a package of noodles, a box of jasmine tea bags, and a box of cold & flu medicine. She went into the kitchen, and set down her bag as Zane followed her. 

"Do you have a sore throat, love?" Aphmau asked.

Zane replied, his voice scratchy and hoarse, "Yeah, kinda."

Aphmau filled his black kettle with water, and left it to boil for tea. Unloading her bag, she started to ask Zane questions, like, does he have a fever, has he thrown up, has he had uncontrollable coughing, stuff like that. He responded, saying that he has not thrown up, he did have uncontrollable coughing the previous night, and a bit this morning, and he does have a fever, as he had checked it this morning. This made it easier for Aphmau to take care of Zane, because now she knew how to take care of him. All he needed was medicine, and stuff to soothe his sore throat. A high-pitched screech was heard, and Aphmau poured two mugs full of the hot water. Gently, she set a jasmine tea bag in each cup, and left them to brew. 

"Have you eaten, Zane?" she asked.

He replied, "No, didn't really feel hungry. I guess that I have lack of appetite too? I dunno."

"Hm, before I give you medicine, you need to eat something. Especially because it is almost 10:00 am," she said.

Quickly, she decided to make him cinnamon toast. Within minutes, her Zane was finishing off two pieces of cinnamon-sugar toast. He seemed to be enjoying it. After he is done, Aphmau give him medicine. Well, now she knew a breakfast that he liked, aside from pancakes and bacon. She then checks on the tea. It is still hot and fully brewed. She took some sugar and a couple cinnamon sticks and put them in the tea. Carefully, Aphmau handed one mug to Zane as she sat with him on the couch, and he took a grateful sip.

"Mm! This tastes so good! What kind of tea is this? I didn't see you prepare it," he exclaims.

She giggles, and replies, "It's jasmine tea with two tablespoons of sugar, and a stick of cinnamon. I thought that you may like it, but I wasn't sure. I am glad that you like it."

"I love it. But you know what I love more?" he smirks.

Aphmau blushes while giggling, "What?"

Zane wraps his mug-free arm around his girlfriend, and whispers in her ear, "You."

She kisses his cheek, as he was right and she didn't want herself to get sick. If she was sick, then she couldn't take care of her love. Soon he would be better. And then she could kiss him. But until then, she is perfectly content cuddling with him, her head resting against his chest, his arm around her shoulders, sipping tea on the couch while watching Our Little Horsies.

A/N: I AM BAAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAACCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep. Finally, the sixth chapter is out. Thank GalaxyKitten47 for the idea of Zane being sick and Aphmau taking care of him. I hope you enjoy, and I will see you next chapter. SPOILER ALERT: Next chapter will be in Garroth and Laurence's POV, because I will do them developing new crushes, and moving on. It may or may not take two chapters. Bai~ <3