Getting Over It

Garroth POV: 

I still cannot believe what happened. Zane, my evil little brother, kissing Aphmau, a sweet and kind angel. What if....what if....no. Aphmau couldn't have enjoyed that. But then again...Aphmau and Zane both seemed loads happier. Maybe they are both benefitting from their relationship. If this is the case then, maybe we should move on. As long as Aphmau is happy, we should be happy...But I need proof before I move on completely. It is May 14th, so Aphmau and Zane have been together for a few months. Thanks to Kawaii~Chan, I know that Aphmau went over to Zane's house to take care of him during his illness. I sneak over, and peek through the window. Not to my surprise, I see Aphmau and Zane cuddling, even though he is sick. What else doesn't surprise me, is that they look at each other with the look of true lovers. I knew that this was going to happen....I had just hoped that it wasn't true.....I...I should move on. Laurence knows that I am as persistent as him. If I tell him that I have given up, then he will too. Slowly, I walk home, ready to tell Laurence to give up.

Laurence POV:

What can I do to make her like me? Hm....maybe if I learn to do math better, and if I work out more, maybe if I attempt to pay attention....a face mask may help too, as well as knowledge of the ponies she likes...yeah! I just might win her heart still! Just as I am about to see how I look with a face mask, Garroth breaks down my door. Ugh, he needs to stop that. It is getting expensive to replace these things and he has already spent a lot of our money on feathers. (cake with purple frosting to those who get that reference) 

"Laurence....you need to let her go. I have, a few minutes ago. I...I saw her and Zane cuddling. And they look happy. We need to stop trying. She is happy now," Garroth said in a monotone voice, his face looking deadpan.

I reply, still not believing that they are happy together, "Come on, Garroth. We just need to step up our level! If we just make ourselves better-"

"NO, LAURENCE! Do you see yourself right now?! You are attempting to change yourself to gain a woman who has her heart already stolen. Just.....give up. I have. In fact, I think that I gave up a while ago. Maybe I....have feelings for somebody else," he interrupted, and my eyes widened at that last part. "Yes, I have. I knew that it would come to this. A small fraction of me believed that there was still hope, but we need to give up. There is somebody out there who will love us for who we are. I repeat: Give. Up."

I start thinking. Well.....Aphmau does seem happier, and Zane seems friendlier. They....they do each other good. Garroth is right. I should just give up. Well, this is depressing. I lost the love of my life to a man who likes ponies. How pathetic am I? Glancing at Garroth, I ran out of the room all the way to the park. Garroth did not follow me, as he knows that I need time alone when I'm like this. I slide down a tree in one corner of the park, my knees pulled to my chest and my arms wrapped around my legs. Slowly, I realize two things. 1) I was crying. 2) Somebody was watching me. Swiftly, I glance up, and see somebody familiar. Nicole. Just now I am realizing her beauty. Her red hair shines in the light, and her hazel eyes crackle with her personality. She is wearing a blue tank top and black jean-shorts, paired with blue converse. I wipe my eyes and turn away from her.

Trying to suppress the sadness in my voice, I ask, "W-What do you want? C-Can't you see that I'm...busy?"

"Busy crying? Tell me, Laurence. What's wrong?" she responds, slightly sarcastically, her voice uncharacteristically soft.

Sighing, I give in, "Well.......I just realized that there is absolutely no hope of ever winning Aphmau over, and I guess that it finally hit me."

"Need a hug?" she asked, in a sugared up voice, her pale arms outstretched.

Sniffling a little, I held out my arms and replied, "Yes, if you don't mind."

Nicole widened her eyes, but then sat down next to me. Her strong arms gently wrapped around my disheveled figure, and I returned her hug. She smelled like fresh grass and tree bark. It was a pleasant scent, and her hair felt soft and smooth. Without meaning to, I curl my fingers in her hair and bury my tear-streaked face in the crook of her neck. Oh my Irene; her skin is so soft. I can feel her sigh, then rub comforting circles on my back, while tickling my ear with her words of consolance. Tears continue to leak out of my eyes

"Shh. It's okay, Laurence. Aphmau may not love you in that way, but I know that she sincerely cares about your well-being. Don't worry, there are other girls who would like you. I know there is. I'm here for you," she whispered, her sweet breath against my ear.

Maybe things will be okay after all.

A/N: Sup, Spuds! I HAVE DONE IT! I HAVE CONQUERED THE WRITER'S BLOCK! Thank you to everyone who has read/supported this story. Luv ya all! Bai~ <3