Part 32 - Throwback 7 (3)

I lay in my bed, thinking, when I heard my door open. I had my back to it, and did not see who it was that opened it, but I heard it close again right after, and steps through the corridor outside of my room. I turned to look at the door to make sure nobody were there, before I dragged a bag Radagast had given to me before I went. Out from the bag I dragged a map.

I sat and studied it. Where I needed to go to get to Beorn, without walking through the forest.

*

It was around midnight when I knew nobody that would stop me was awake. I put on warm clothes, and I had already packed my two bags that I took with me to Beorn. All of my stuff lay in there, clothes, jewelry, and personal things. On my bed I put a note.

"You can not tell me what to do, I will continue running and living my own life."

The cold wind hit me in the face when I came outside, and I changed to wolf, ready to start walking to Beorn.

*

The sun was slowly rising when I saw a farm ahead of me. I knew this was the right place, and began to ran.

I reached the gate into the big garden around the house, and changed back to human. I let my bags down, as I looked around. The trees, the sky, the animals. Everything was nice and quiet.
Then I heard something come out from the forest behind me.
I changed back to wolf, turning to see a big, brown bear jumping against me. Before I knew it, I lay on my back on the ground with the big bear standing on top of me. It sniffled, and looked closely at me.

This have to be Beorn.

I changed to human, still laying under the bear. It looked closer at me, before he turned around and went away, back into the forest. I did not follow after it, just picked up my bags and went inside.

The door was huge. The same was everything else inside. Animals walked around, and big bees came flying ahead of me as I opened the big door. I put down my bags in the hay, and walked longer into the house. Everything was much bigger.

This would be easier if Beorn was here to tell me where to put my bags.

I yawned. I had not slept in many hours, and I had been walking all that time. I went back to my bags and lay down in the hay. A small time after, I fell asleep.

*

I must had been sleeping for a while, and woke up of some of the bees that flew around my ears. I slowly opened my eyes, looking around in the big room. In the other side of the room, I saw a tall, hairy, person stand with the back against me, pouring something into a big mug. He must have heard I began to move and stand up, because he turned around. "You must be Aspect," he said with a dark voice, and I could see a small, kind smile.

"Yes," I almost murmured as I looked up at him. "It is nice to meet you Beorn." I smiled back and stood up.

"Please sit down, I have made you some food." Beorn showed way to one of the chairs. It was huge too, but I was able to climb on top of it. Beorn sat down on the other side of the table. Everything on the table was huge. The mug, the plate, everything. "Dig in."

"Thank you."

*

It had been quiet a long time, as we both sat and ate. "Why did you move here?," Beorn asked.

"To tell the truth, living in Mirkwood is not as glamorous as it sounds like. I only had two persons that I really thought of as a family, two who betrayed me," I said, not looking up at Beorn. "My family died in that forest."

"You gave up the princess of Mirkwood to live here with me?," Beorn asked.

How much did Radagast tell you?

"We are the only skin-changers left, are we not?," I asked him back. He slowly nodded. "Why, how?"

"The orcs. We once lived in the mountains, before the orcs came and hunted us down. They did not kill us all, they kept us as prisoners. Uses us to play sports. They liked to see us have it terrible," Beorn said. His voice was darker than I had heard until now, and he looked more scary.

"They continued hunting when they found out my parents were alive," I said quiet. Beorn nodded again.

"I hardly knew your father, but out of how I saw him, he looked kind."

"He was."

"I have made a room clear for you," Beorn said, changing theme, and gave me a small smile. I gave him a smile back.

"Thank you," I said and stood up. "The food was delicious."

"I will show you your room." Beorn stood up too. I grabbed my bags, before we walked in through another huge door, then one more. We came into a small room, with a bed, a nightstand and a dresser.

"Thank you," I said, smiling up at Beorn.

"No problem. I hope you will feel like home."

Beorn went, and I began to unpack my bags.

*

It was dark when I came out of my room. I walked outside to get some fresh air, and noticed Beorn sit around a fireplace in the garden. I went to him, and sat down.

We were quiet a long time. Beorn sat there with his eyes closed, breathing slowly as I sat, staring into the fire. "Can you sing?," Beorn asked. I looked up at him.

"Sing?"

"Yes, sing. It stimulates the nerves. I use to sing low to myself when I need to relax, but my voice is not good to listen at. How about you?"

"Yes?," I said hesitantly. "I can."

"Let me hear some, then, if you want to."

I sat there thinking a while. Thinking if I really had a nice voice, and which song I would sing.

(Play audio)
"To the Sea, to the Sea. The white gulls are crying," I began low after a while.
"The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying.
West, west away, the round sun is falling,
Grey ship, grey ship, do you hear them calling,
The voices of my people that have gone before me?
I will leave, I will leave the woods that bore me;
For our days are ending and our years failing.
I will pass the wide waters lonely sailing.
Long are the waves on the Last Shore falling,
Sweet are the voices in the Lost Isle calling,
In Eressëa, in Elvenhome that no man can discover;
Where the leaves fall not: land of my people for ever!"
I sang as I would have spoken normal. My heart was empty.

This is Legolas song. Legolas song of the sea.

I stood up, turned, and ran with tears in my eyes.

~~~~~~~~

Heyy sorry for not posting any chapters lately, I have had so much to think about and omg I'm really sorry.
I'll try post more often, as fast as I have finished more chapters!
Thanks ily

And yes the songs name is "Legolas' song of the sea"