Kabanata 33

Kabanata 33
This chapter is Vance's point of view.

I smiled as I looked at my family in my home screen after I called Zienne from Kid's phone. Sabi niya ay kila Kid daw muna sila ni Lennox. Hindi alam ni Zienne kung bakit so I'll better ask my Penelope.

Konting tiis na lang, Penelope. Makakalaya din ako. And when that happens, I will not be your runaway groom anymore.

It's funny how bastard I am for being so weak. I'm a jerk, I know. Alam na alam ko na iyon dahil wala akong nagawa sa bawat iyak ni Penelope ay nandoon lang ako sa harapan niya, nakatayo at pinipigil ang emosyong bumabalot sa pagkatao ko.

I was a wreck man. I have no soul. I don't eat foods to live, I eat to survive. The life I'm in is the life that no one wants, but it is the life given to me.

I've got a confession to make.

If you think that I'm a ruthless guy from novel books, think again when I tell my story.

Me and my brothers, Pierre and Sam, were surviving life since day one. Kamalasang palad, ako ang panganay kaya ako ang may mas mahabang karanasan. We are the sons of Victor Kavanaugh and Moira Kavanaugh. Our mom, Moira, is a living genie and a saint. Too bad she married our dad, who is cursed for the rest of his life.

But despite of his flaw, mom loves dad and us. But that doesn't stop there. Dad is cursed, not magically but viciously. Kaibigan ng ama ko ang ama ni Mavania, Edwardo Castefe. And unfortunately, dad owe him a life. Dad can't do anything about it kaya ipit siya. Because Edwardo is a mafia lord who promotes prostitution, drug trafficking, and rules the mafia world. He saved our lives from his nemesis, but in return, we'll serve him as our master for the rest of our lives.

Kung hindi dahil sa kanya, we would just be a few of millions of people died in his nemesis' hands.

But no police nor medias know that. Ang alam lang nila at ang mga Castefe at Kavanaugh ay nakatakdang magmerge ng kumpanya. And that enters me and my brothers, and Mavania. I was the first born Kavanaugh, kaya ako ang tinira nila. Pierre and Sam is their option but still, their slaves. Our family was destroyed by the Castefes. I accepted my fate.

Until I met Penelope Prescott at a runway fashion show. I knew my life isn't worth being a slave.

I knew my life isn't worth a large room full of gems and golds. And I knew my life isn't deserving to Penelope. But I still disobeyed my fate and loved her.

All is fair in love and war, pero hindi ko naramdaman yun when I saw Mavania triggering a gun to Penelope who's talking to her brother. Penelope is a strong woman, but I know I need to protect her that is why I broke her heart again, and again.

"Dad you don't have to do this. Huwag ka mandamay ng ibang tao! Not the Prescotts, Dad!" Galit na galit ako nang malaman kong itinanggi ng aking ama ang merging ng kumpanya namin sa mga Castefe. I was doing everything not to let them lay a finger on her. I became an agent on my own and entered a secret agency who destroys underworld companies. At isa na ang mga Castefe doon. Pierre and Sam joined me as well as the other people who is willing. I also recruited Penelope's brother and Adam Yupangco. She needs security even if I'm not around her anymore.

I was literally backstabbing Edwardo Castefe and made a huge effect on his underworld mafia company. Akala ko makakalaya na kami, but I was wrong. Dahil nasira ang tiwala ng mga Castefe saamin. Because my dad is doing something against them too.

"Let me avenge for us, dad. Hindi mo kailangan gawin to. Mas gugulo lang ang lahat." Napahilot na lang ang ama ko sa kanyang sentido at niyakap ako.

"I'm sorry, Vance. Wala akong nagawa para protektahan kayo." Umiling lang ako at hinalikan ang ulo niya.

Then I broke her heart again, when I didn't came up in our wedding. That was supposed to be the best day of our lives, Of my life. Dahil kapag natali ako ay makakalaya na ang pamilya ko, at kung natali na din si Pierre at Sam. But Mavania kidnapped me and I can't do anything.

"Magtatali ka pa ah? Next time, if you want to marry that bitch, make sure I wouldn't know about it. Mukhang proud pa kasi kayo dahil inimbita niyo ang lahat ng tv stations sa kasal ninyo. Ha! Wedding of the Century my ass!" Aniya at iniwan akong hubo't hubad.

I was losing my chance to be with my love. Because everytime Edwardo calls me, may ituturok siya sa aking drugs, and that would make me hurt Penelope, literally. That agressive drug made me hurt the woman I love the most. And I can't even control it. Dahil kung hindi ko sila susundin ay puputok ang ulo ng mahal ko.

Take care of yourself too. And thank you for letting me go. - VK

I was weeping silently while writing it to prevent Penelope from waking up. Yesternight was the best night of my life. I poured my heart out while screaming for her name. I damn love her. But I need to go. Kung hindi, mapapahamak lamang ang mahal ko.

"I want you to be strong, my love. Be strong and live without me." I whispered onto her ears and watched her smile in her sleep. A tear fell from my eyes and dropped on her cheek.

"I love you." I told her as I kissed her lips wholeheartedly and left.

Those 6 years, I planned carefully how to get out. On my years of existence, I came up of a realization. This is not my fate, loving Penelope Prescott is. Because I learned that fate is not what you have to do but what you are happy to do. Do what makes you happy, don't do what you think it is for you.

And I was more than alive when I saw a pretty little girl walking carefully down the stairs and calling my love, Mama. And when I looked onto her eyes, I know she's mine, as well as the sleeping kid beside her bed.

From there, I knew I wanted to protect my family from the Castefe. I wanted my parents and my brothers to pull off from slavery and my kids and my love to sleep at night with me, safe and sound.

*riiiing*

I came back to reality when my phone ringed and it was from Kid.

"He--"

"Is my sister there?" I sensed fear in his voice.

"N-no.."

"Damn, Vance! Penelope's missing-- Wait. Zienne, where's Lenoxx?" Mas lalo akong kinabahan nang malamang nawawala din ang anak ko.

"Shit!" Pinatay ko ang tawag at tinawagan si Troy, kaibigan ko na agent din.

"Vance."

"Troy, I need your help." Tumawa siya sa background.

"I know what you're talking about. Let's get it on!" Nagpaalam na ako at pinatay ang tawag saka ko pinayuhan ang sekretarya ko na agent din na maghigpit ng seguridad dahil alam kong punterya din ng mga Castefe ang The Food Factory.

"Masusunod, sir." Aniya habang hinahanda ang aking mga armas na nakatago sa isang hidden cabinet.

Let's get this over with.

Because no one, hurts my queen.