Worst Job Ever (not)

Start from the beginning

"Uh, I just asked her what she wanted." Crazy moms. 

"Oh, well I thought your were going to steal her, your smile does make you look scary too." The mother was dead serious. 

What? My smile is what stops all the girls in my school. They all love it! 

Geo walked up behind me, "Hi darlin' how 'bout I give you a Mickey Mouse ice cream." He handed the girl the bar of creamed ice. 

The girl immediately stopped sobbing and smiled. The mother uncrossed her arms and took out some money. "Thank you sir, at least one person is nice here." 

The two of them walked away and Geo was bent over in laughter. "You, you, she, hated you." He was gasping for air from laughing so hard. 

"Not everyone is good with spoiled little girls." I spat and climbed to the front of the truck. 

Geo finally stopped laughing when we reached the next stop and stood up. "I will prove to you that I can serve little kids, just watch." 

I went to the back of the truck and opened up the window. "Hello, what can I get for you?" I was bent down at the moment sorting out the frozen treats. 

"Hmm, I will get the chocolate Popsicle and. . .what do you want Jacob. . . an orange dream sickle please."  A quiet voice stated. 

"Okay that will be two dollars please." I said, still bending down. 

"Okay, here is your. . . Sandra what happened to you?" I just handed the people their ice cream and noticed who the people were. 

Sandra had a bruise on her right cheek and a swollen lip; it looked like it was from being punched in the face. 

Sandra nearly jumped when she saw me. " I. . .I didn't know you were an ice cream man." 

"Yea just became one today. What happened to your face?" I was worried. 

"Oh that, nothing, I was playing football with my brother and got hit in the face." She did not sound convincing. 

"Must have been a hard ball." I stated, knowing that a football could not do that much damage to her face.

"Yes, very hard. You know my brother does have a fast throw." She awkwardly laughed and grabbed her brother's hand. "Come on Jake, let's go. Nice seeing you Cole." 

Weird, she rarely calls me Cole. I have never seen her this afraid to talk to me before. It took me all my energy not to run after her. 

I walked to the front of the truck. "Dude, Sandra got punched in the face by someone." 

"What? Who would do that? Do you think the person was at school?" Geo shot random questions at me. 

"I don't know, but she was afraid to talk to me." 

I drove out of her neighborhood, remembering where she lived. 

The next stop, Geo took the front line. "Hello, how can I help you?" 

The next thing I heard was a mix of swear words and crashing sounds. "Dude, you okay?" 

I turned around to see Geo soaked in milk and throwing ice cubes at some eleven-year-olds. What in the world? I went to the back of the truck to help Geo throw ice cubes. Before I knew it, we were in a water fight with the boys, singing to the song Firework by Katie Perry. 

"Baby you're a firework." Geo shouted to the music, while I dumped a bucket of ice cubes down the boy's shirt. 

"Come on let your colors burst!" I screeched while Geo opened an ice cream bar and ate it.

I pulled an ice cream sandwich from the package and sat in the back of the truck with Geo. "Life is great." I said taking a bite of my bar. 

Geo leaned back on the truck's back door, "Yes it is, and we are going to get fired." 

I chuckled. I honestly never thought about how many rules we violated. "Whatever, at least we didn't waste our day away." 

I turned to look at the tired group of boys in front of me. They were all happily munching on ice cream while Geo and I sat here soaking wet, dripping in milk. Yes, they loaded their water guns with milk. We didn't realize an hour had passed from having an ice/ water/milk fight with the eleven-year-olds. They all agreed to buy ice cream for wasting our time. 

"We had fun boys, but now we need to go return our milk splattered truck." Geo and I stood up and got ready to give this truck back to the manager. 

-----------------

I pulled back into the parking lot for the last time.

"I can't wait to see his reaction." Geo was eager. 

The two of us jumped out of our seats and slammed the doors. The manager was standing in front of us, looking at his watch. "You guys are. . . What happened to you?" 

Geo had taken off his shirt and he was wringing it out; milk poured from it, making a puddle on the ground. I was putting my fingers through my hair, shaking out the curdled chunks of milk. 

The man in front of us looked absolutely disgusted. "You smell terrible, give me the keys, you're fired."

I gave him the keys and Geo and I waddled to my car. Ah! My car is going to smell like rotten milk! Whatever, it has already been bedazzled.Geo and I hopped in. "Best day ever!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, how did you like this chapter? I added the sense of humor back into it! 

What do you think happened to Sandra? Should Cole and Geo be hired again for the ice cream man guys? Tell me what you think, I am still deciding. 

If you liked the chapter please comment and vote. If you really liked it, please take a bigger step and follow me. Also, check out the writing competition I am hosting.

Chow! Next chapter will be posted next weekend.