Chapter 21

Chapter 21---Day 8           

Lizzie sat on Matt’s couch, flipping through a book. Her blood craving was gone and she felt ten times better. Matt had left her to get a few things they needed and had made her promise not to leave the apartment for any reason. She moved the pillow and readjusted the cover over her legs.           

The door opened and she glanced up. “Matt,” she said as she flashed over, taking the box from him; so he could remove his cloak. “I’m glad you are back,” she told as she started to unpack to find a folder of admission forms. “What are these?”           

“O…those…I’m going back to high-school. I never got to finish it last time, since I was bit when I was eighteen,” he explained as he hung up his cloak on the hook beside the door. “Since I’m a senior, I will be in all your classes.”           

“Matt, you don’t have to…” she muttered as she put the bottles into his fridge. “School is very different from when you did it.”           

“I know. It’s been around a hundred years, but I will have you to help me,” he whispered in her ear; then he nibbled it for a second before kissing her cheek. “I love you. I can’t wait till I have all day with you.”           

“You already have that,” she giggled as she faced him; then she kissed him quickly before returning to the couch. “Now I’m going to finish my book.” She pulled the covers over her legs, while picking through the pages of her book.